Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 3 posts - 361 through 363 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    dennis speirs
    Participant

So the holiday pay at full offshore rate is not a significant payrise?

I would also point out the other well known phrase

"The Grass is always greener".

Correct me if im wrong ray, but holiday pay is a legal requirement for all employees, and full offshore rate would include salary portion too!
    I think they may owe some cash to a few people for the time when they haven’t paid it but will have to look into that further!

Paul Bond
    Participant

The grass can most definitely be greener, but it is personal choice really.
    ‘Security’ of being an employee vs ‘freedom’ of being freelance.
    Tried both and i prefer the latter.

Fugro seem to be throwing out pay reviews willy nilly in an attempt to pacify their boys – more slots than they can fill at the mo – so some rapid promotions in store for some lucky people i guess.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Correct me if im wrong ray, but holiday pay is a legal requirement for all employees, and full offshore rate would include salary portion too!

Consider yourself corrected.

From the Unite Union latest news update:-
    "WTD HOLIDAY LEGAL CASE

The ongoing legal argument on holiday entitlement for drillers is now proceeding to the Court of Session in London.

The Unite legal team will present their appeal in writing on September 2011 and the case will be heard on the 26/27th October 2011 at the Court of Session. A result should be known five or six weeks later."

And
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10316549

And even if holiday pay is forthcoming, it is more likely to be you are entitled to your basic pay, not your basic pay plus offshore allowance.

Viewing 3 posts - 361 through 363 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar