Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Bacaruda
    Participant

Wayne,

These guys will not leave, who would employ the likes of Chuckie, Mavis etc etc.

waynemb17
    Participant

Hey Rovtech have !!!!! The guys you have mentioned have pulled the wool over there eyes for so long.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Someone asked me the question the other day why the Rovtech guys are expecting a payrise, if they have been happy to work for that money for this amount of time if they were unhappy why didnt they leave.

I suggested he ask them that question 😮

Interestingly, even though Rovtech have been bought by Fugro (and renamed) it is not the Rovtech staff that are transferring, it is the ROV department (plus some data dogs, managers and project managers) that are transferring to Rovtech. So its more like Rovtech are taking over the Fugro ROV department.

Been looking into TUPE regulations (Transfer of Undertaking(Protection of Employment) ) as these will be applicable for the Fugro staff transferring to the new company (but not to the Rovtech staff as they are not going anywhere, its just their company name that has changed).

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Bit like the Racal take over then 😕

Ray Shields
    Participant

Bit like the Racal take over then 😕

Yup, except that the Thales company ceased to exist. But also back to front, rather than transfer the people from the business that has been bought, they transfer people into it.

[cynic mode] Also puts all their ROV assets and people in one company easier to dispose of or sell later on when they decide just to stick to survey and geophysical work [/cynic mode]

😆 😆 😆

Bacaruda
    Participant

"Someone asked me the question the other day why the Rovtech guys are expecting a payrise, if they have been happy to work for that money for this amount of time if they were unhappy why didnt they leave.

I suggested he ask them that question."

So Ray is this you telling us the Rovtech guys won’t be on the same pay levels as the Fugro guy’s. If there’s not a pay rise watch the notices go in, dozens of guys have left in the last 2 years,so they were not happy with the money. The rest are loyal to the company or just to old for change. The young guys won’t stand for it.

Ray Shields
    Participant

So Ray is this you telling us the Rovtech guys won’t be on the same pay levels as the Fugro guy’s. If there’s not a pay rise watch the notices go in, dozens of guys have left in the last 2 years,so they were not happy with the money. The rest are loyal to the company or just to old for change. The young guys won’t stand for it.

Me? I could tell you the moon was made of cheese, but that wouldn’t make it true 😮 Decisions like that have nothing to do with me, I’m offshore scum like everyone else.

I quite understand that people will leave if pay is not levelled throughout Fugro Rovtech. Management are not always blessed with such common sense, however. Fugro have had dozens of guys leave in the last year as well. Everything at the moment is rumour, scuttlebut and wishful thinking on all our parts, we will find out whats what in the next few months.

Bacaruda
    Participant

Thanks Ray,

Just found out about Santa last week, now your telling me the Moon is not made from cheese.

Have merry xmas and a guid new year.

Savante
    Participant

merry xmas to everyone on the highland eagle who remembers the "buffalo" !!!

thenoggi
    Participant

its made of cheese. cool

Ray Shields
    Participant

Yeah,

Wendsleydale!

Wallace n Gromit went there, must be true!

Bacaruda
    Participant

Heard a wee story that the Fugro boys got their P45’s last week, anybody throw any light on this.

truered
    Participant

as ray mentione earlier as the fugro ROV transfered to Rovtech we for tax purposes got our P45’s from Fugro survey, so at year end the tax man can tax you accordingly.

but as it was found out this was perhaps illegal cos of the way it happened. ray can explain that one

Bacaruda
    Participant

Truered,

Its the P60 for tax purposes,P45 means end of contract in most cases.

truered
    Participant

i agree with the end of contract but the p60 at the year end will be sent by fugro rovtech i would reckon and that won’t show what was earned by fugro survey unless i’m reading wrong. does that mean 2 x P60’s. 😕 i’m not a tax accountant by any means besides it complicated enough nowdays.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar