Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Ray Shields
    Participant

This one will not take 12 months, the Thales one also did not take 12 months of harmonisation, there was a delay in starting it which is why it seemed to go on so long.

As in every other job in life everyone will have the Three L Choices.

Like It
    Lump It
    Leave

😕

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Indeed Ray, indeed…

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Indeed Ray, indeed…

rover37
    Participant

Some of you guys are not paying attention.
    Technip have flogged PSSL off in case you hadnt noticed.

piedpiper
    Participant

Fi wrote

is that why technip have rovtech systems on most of their vessels then??

Technip fleet:
    Deep Blue : 2 x Technip Triton MRV’s
    Deep Pioneer: 2 x Technip Triton MRV’s
    Sunrise: 2 x Technip Triton XL’s
    Normand Pioneer: 2 x Technip Triton XL’s
    Venturer: 2 x Technip Triton XL’s
    Wellservicer: 1 x Technip MRV 1 x rovtech eyeball
    Orelia: 1 x rovtech eyeball
    Alliance: 1 x rovtech eyeball

Fi, your statemant does not add up !!

piedpiper

Malcolm Smith
    Participant

Some of you guys are not paying attention.
    Technip have flogged PSSL off in case you hadnt noticed.

When did this happen?

Sarcy
    Participant

I could start rumours about Fugro wanting to issue contracts that pay a basic and offshore rate but without them specifying how many days you have to work in the year, somewhere around 200 is the average being their normal response. Does this mean that we work 150 days or 250 das for the same salary?

Then again that would be wrong of me, I have no idea been offshore for a while, but keep an eye on the small print.

Be safe.

Bacaruda
    Participant

Sarcy,

Ray would be the best one to ask, he might have some idea from the ongoing talks.

Ray Shields
    Participant

I could start rumours about Fugro wanting to issue contracts that pay a basic and offshore rate but without them specifying how many days you have to work in the year, somewhere around 200 is the average being their normal response. Does this mean that we work 150 days or 250 das for the same salary?

Then again that would be wrong of me, I have no idea been offshore for a while, but keep an eye on the small print.

Be safe.

I can’t really say anything about current harmonisation details. Im sure there are others on here who can.

Regarding the above contract, all Fugro contracts since 2005 onwards have been of salary plus offshore allowance with NO mention of a limit of days as we used to have. If you do 250 days you get 250 days of offshore allowance – think of the salary as a "retainer" 😕

As an edit, anyone who does not wish to work a large number of days would be recommended to read up on their rights under the Working Time Directive. Yes, I know parts of it are being contested by some of the companies, but thats mainly holiday pay, but the WTD is still law,no matter what companies say about it.

There is a finite limit of how much you can be made to work offshore under the WTD – THAT is what to use to stop you doing too many days (ROUGHLY it is 192 days a year, you need to check it out yourself)

rovbionic
    Participant

piedpiper…
    You missed the Constructor 2 X XL’s last time I worked on it

piedpiper
    Participant

rovbionic, how could I forget such a charming vessel, but yes I stand corrected, there are also 2 x technip triton XL’s on that shitheap aswell.

piedpiper

Sarcy
    Participant

If the deal is salary plus offshore bonus, then the more days you work the lower your actual day rate gets. If you earn the same salary for 160 days as 240 days, then who loses out? Does Fugro charge less for us as the year goes on? I doubt it.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Yes but if you only do 160 days you get 160 offshore bonus, if you do 240 days you get 240 days bonus. So, you do more days you get more money.

Think of the salary as basically a retainer. You dont LOSE money by doing less days. Overall your dayrate for the year does work out at less, but thats the price you pay for having guaranteed income (salary), plus the other bonus of staff (health scheme, pension, sick pay…)

The deal has ALWAYS been salary and offshore bonus, Fugro have always offered that since at least 1994.

Bacaruda
    Participant

Your right Sarcy its a bit single fish and the talks seem to be getting bogged down.

Sarcy
    Participant

Are you part of the onshore management Ray? the deal has always been the same with Rovtech as well, basic plus offshore bonus but up to a certain number of days only e.g. 170 after that you start getting paid your day rate so if you do 200 days you end up getting 30 days full rate extra, not just some part of your day rate.

I don’t know about anyone else but I for one do not feel that I should be getting paid less per day the more days I do, guaranteed that the company are putting us out at the same rate to clients all year so they are the only ones that gain as the year progresses.

And don’t give me the "thats the price you pay" bollox either.
    I can see a few people getting pissed off if the defined days per year is dropped from the contracts.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar