Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Flymatt022
    Participant

I haven’t read my contract yet but I was lead to believe in my interview that Fugro would expect me to do 183 days a year. IF I choose to do more I can, if theres more available, but I would not be obliged to do so.

So it would be *my choice* to work for the day rate.

Sarcy
    Participant

If they do not specify the number of days that you are expected to work in a year then you will only be working for the offshore bonus part of your payments, can no-one else see this?

There is no 183rd or 170th or 200th of the salary to be taken into account if the days are not specified. So after 183 days, or whatever you have been told, you will only be earning whatever your offshore bonus is.

Sarcy
    Participant

one other thing, if anyone decides to leave and go day rating then Fugro will not hire you till 1 year after you left.

Nice.

Anyone for Technip?

xxx
    Participant

so say you have a salary of 34K you work 200 days for 170 bonus total 68k / 200 = 340per day

You now work 240 days so 74800/240 = 311 per day

so the question is who decides when you work?
    is it equal time on and off is so not to bad a deal, but if you have to work beyond say 200 days then it is pants!

Sarcy
    Participant

as somone said earlier it is up to you how many days you work, I don’t know what Fugro are like for letting you have time off during busy periods i.e. Jan to Dec but I imagine that they will be like other companies and try and pressure you into doing as many days as they can get out of you.

then again this might not happen, they will come up with a 183 day contract and keep everyone happy. The contract issue should be sorted out sometime in 2009 going by the progress reports from the "haronisation" meetings so hang on in there.

Bacaruda
    Participant

Sarcy,

Some guy’s can’t wait and are in talks with Mike and Woody.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Are you part of the onshore management Ray? the deal has always been the same with Rovtech as well, basic plus offshore bonus but up to a certain number of days only e.g. 170 after that you start getting paid your day rate so if you do 200 days you end up getting 30 days full rate extra, not just some part of your day rate.

I don’t know about anyone else but I for one do not feel that I should be getting paid less per day the more days I do, guaranteed that the company are putting us out at the same rate to clients all year so they are the only ones that gain as the year progresses.

And don’t give me the "thats the price you pay" bollox either.
    I can see a few people getting pissed off if the defined days per year is dropped from the contracts.

Me? Nope, Im on an offhsore contract but just happen to be doing onshore work at the moment.

I know what Rovtech contract was, I know what Fugro contract used to be up to 2005. As I said I have only found out recently that all contracts since 2005 no longer mention 183 days nor 1/183rd for extra days. Pervious ones and Rovtech ones all DO mention limits and bonuses.

There IS a legal limit to max number of days, its called the Working Time Directive, and it IS law no matter that some companies are appealing the holiday pay side of it. It basically works out at roughly 193 days offshore a year, if you dont want to work more than that you dont have to.

I aint saying anyone has to do this or that, everyone has the choice and the 3 L rule applies (as mentioned in a previous message). I dont make or decide the rules or contracts, I have the same options and choices as everyone else.

Flymatt:
    <I haven’t read my contract yet but I was lead to believe in my interview that Fugro would expect me to do 183 days a year. IF I choose to do more I can, if theres more available, but I would not be obliged to do so. <

I highly suggest you get a copy of the contract and read it….

Sarcy
    Participant

Ray and anyone else working for Fugro in the office reading this, I would LOVE to get a copy of my contract to read but there is no danger of that happening any time soon I think.

I am just rehersing the conversation I am going to be having with the office sometime in January 2008, " I am sorry I cannot come to work, as stated in the Working Time Directive section…….. paragraph ….. I have completed the necessary days offshore and will not be returning til April ", a nice thought but I can’t see it working.

Sarcy
    Participant

To all those impatient guys in talks with M and W at H, good luck. I have seen that company and how they operate, I think I will wait here for a while yet.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ray and anyone else working for Fugro in the office reading this, I would LOVE to get a copy of my contract to read but there is no danger of that happening any time soon I think.

I am just rehersing the conversation I am going to be having with the office sometime in January 2008, " I am sorry I cannot come to work, as stated in the Working Time Directive section…….. paragraph ….. I have completed the necessary days offshore and will not be returning til April ", a nice thought but I can’t see it working.

Why can’t you see it working?? It has and does work.

And why do you not have a copy of your contract? If you asked you would certainly get a copy.

One thing that may be adding to the confustion is that you may have missed the point that everyone already with a contract will remain on the SAME contract. Therefore if you have so many days on yoru contract, that will remain. If you get paid bonus days, that will remain. Its only anyone new starting that would be affected.

Drop me a PM if would like to continue chat about the harmonisation.

cheers, Ray

Sarcy
    Participant

I thought the point of the harmonisation meetings was so that everyone ended up on the same basic contract. How can you have people working for the same company but on completely different contracts?

Bacaruda
    Participant

Sarcy,

Open Pending Proposal,

Anonymous

yeah open pending proposal seems to be the awnser to everything meaningful in this harminisation so far does it!2 1/2 weeks until our contracts finished and we still havent seen the deal were getting!

apathy
    Participant

The facts are quite simple, Fugro salaries will stay as is, The rest will be brought into line with this to match, If this doesnt happen then people will not stay in a job where there are gross mismatches in pay: End Of message

LongDong
    Participant

Why all the moaning. Wait til you see what you get then take it or leave it

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar