Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    TheProphet
    Participant

I see it’s nearly the 1st of April and still no sign of a contract ! Maybe they are treating it as an APRIL FOOL and the big picture will suddenly fall into place. 🙁

low_ir
    Participant

OK then, how about this……..

The company are not going to publish individuals rates, so when we all get our new grades and pay rate, how about dropping a line on here stating the grade you have been given and the pay that goes with it. It’s obviously anonymous and it will give us all an idea of how much of a variation there may (or may not) be. Could be a good tool to negotiate with too! What do others think?

On another note, this topic seems to have little input from Fugro employees (apart from Ray and a couple of others). Does this mean our co-workers / brothers/ sisters don’t want to spill the beans?
    Could be a case of ‘I’m Alright Jack!’ 😉 Even so, if the Fugro peeps are happy, the ideal answer would be to pay the Rovtech peeps the same, that way everyone’s happy…..and happy is good 😀

As the old saying goes ‘divide and conquer’, that’s what the company will be after, keeps the troops on their toes.

fiona
    Participant

what a good idea 😉
    as you pointed out, we’ve been told we can use other people at the same grade on higher pay as bargaining tools. the company have said they’re not going to publish each persons grade and salary, we have no other way of finding out and ensuring a fair deal is had by all.

norfolknchance
    Participant

Sorry to retrace this forums steps a few replies, but just a warning to all.

Stay clear of chen’s outfit. All i will say is they are in the far east and they are not very professional. They do not pay up yet expect you to pay for hotels / visas etc yourself, do not listen to practical suggestions to improve the job, they didn’t even have their own dive / video logs – but asked for them to be designed on a PC with a non English operating system.
    As for the ‘don’t bitch’ comment – typical of their general manager.
    Not character assassination but just trying to save people hassle in the future.

You have been warned! 😯

piedpiper
    Participant

Sorry to retrace this forums steps a few replies, but just a warning to all.

Stay clear of chen’s outfit. All i will say is they are in the far east and they are not very professional. They do not pay up yet expect you to pay for hotels / visas etc yourself, do not listen to practical suggestions to improve the job, they didn’t even have their own dive / video logs – but asked for them to be designed on a PC with a non English operating system.
    As for the ‘don’t bitch’ comment – typical of their general manager.
    Not character assassination but just trying to save people hassle in the future.

You have been warned! 😯

Norfolk,

why not just name the company, as I’m not sure who Chen works for, or if he runs an outfit, seems like he is very cagey. Is he anything to do with maddog’s outfit out in China? Over to you maddog.

piedpiper

fiona
    Participant

low_ir says stick to the topic please, i’m away to make the teas
    😉

piedpiper
    Participant

Fi, make mine a tea white one then.
    This has been going on that long I’ve forgot the topic.

piedpiper

truered
    Participant

a lot being said about what fugro guys get and what little rovtech guys get, i believe that there were other incentives built into the rovtech contract (not sure just what i heard((summer bonus etc…(((cmon guys own up))) 😯 if rovtech were to retain these for there people only, would there still be an argument about not getting into line with the fugro guys?, given the option of signing the new generic contract would you give up all the extras you get to get us all in the same pay bracket?

no matter what happens it is going to take time to iron itself out and you would be foolish to think that this was ever going to be as smooth as what some have made out.

this is only the beginning 😈 what happens when the contracts are finalised how do you break the barriers of Fugro and rovtech ❓ heck there are still some fugro and thales barriers.

truered
    Participant

fi

yep can understand that and i hope people do post the fugures, the current fugro ones are pretty close just now. but if you take all the perks attached to the rovtech contract (like isaid its what i heard) what is the actual final figure? cos the fugro one is simple you work your 183 days and thats it simple maths.

low_ir
    Participant

The Summer bonus was exactly that, a bonus, bonuses can be taken away at any point . It had a varying degree of worth, depending on which grade you were, ranging from £15 for p/t up to £25 (I think) for supv’s. After being told at one point that this would run indefinately, it was suddenly stopped (see what I mean).

The Rovtech loyalty bonus should be retained as should the Fugro loyalty bonus, but maybe just combined under the one ‘loyalty bonus’.

At the end of the day, it’s the bottom line on the pay packet that counts, and there shouldn’t be any difference within grades (apart from the obvious tax codings etc).

I would much rather take an increase in day rate than an unreliable ‘bonus’. So the answer would be ‘yes, I’d give up my Summer bonus, as long as it was added to my day rate!!’

I still don’t know whether:
    a) I like it
    b) I lump it
    or
    c) whether to leave it

Let’s stand together on this and look to get a fair deal from the start, and hopefully cut down on a lot of bickering and backstabbing in the future!

Right, where’s that brew???!!!!!!!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

OK then, how about this……..

On another note, this topic seems to have little input from Fugro employees (apart from Ray and a couple of others). Does this mean our co-workers / brothers/ sisters don’t want to spill the beans?
    Could be a case of ‘I’m Alright Jack!’ 😉 Even so, if the Fugro peeps are happy, the ideal answer would be to pay the Rovtech peeps the same, that way everyone’s happy…..and happy is good 😀

As the old saying goes ‘divide and conquer’, that’s what the company will be after, keeps the troops on their toes.

Not really the case, there are very few ex-Fugro Survey people on this board (about 6 that I know) and only a couple of them are regular. Most of the ex FSL people have gone through all of this once (some twice!) already and either have the attitude of they will do what they want so why bother saying anything or as you said have nothing to complain about (yet) until they told what they are offered..

I realise it seems like a long time but its only been 2 months since the process started, believe me compared to before this is quick! This process did not start last September, maybe thats why people are maybe thinking its "gone on so long".

Fi, the no bonus after so many days is only applicable to people who started from 2005+ with Fugro, most of the guys are all on the same as you guys except its more days before bonus. Fugro have never paid a loyalty bonus. They cannot take your loyalty bonus away without replacing it with something else, you are not allowed by law (TUPE regs) to be any worse off.

Turered – I thought current figures posted were accurate but I have spoken to some people who are NOT getting as much as that, so maybe not taht straight forward.

I understand the fustration, but most if this thread is talking about terns n conditions that NO-ONE hase been offered or even knows yet.

low_ir
    Participant

Fi

The proposal for offshore contracts was supposed to be presented at todays harmonisation meeting (which has evidently adjourned!). Maybe Ray could enlighten us on this one?

I’m having t-shirts and badges made up with the logo

"Like it, lump it or leave"

You will probably get a free sample along with your new contract

wonderboy
    Participant

you have obviously put up with crap wages for a long time according to the previous posts, so why wait till now to like it or lump it ?

Ray Shields
    Participant

ray, we’ve already lost the summer bonus. i wasn’t referring to the loyalty bonus.
    😕

And the Benefits document states that you do get a summer bonus, why did no-one at Rovtech come forward and point out that it is not true?

wonderboy
    Participant

ray, we’ve already lost the summer bonus. i wasn’t referring to the loyalty bonus.

as i stated before rovtech salaries by no means equate to the same level in fugro, even if taking bonuses into account.

the suggestion was that WHEN offers are given to individuals, they should be posted here as a means of comparison. there are going to be some people out there who will be prepared to accept the first offer put on the table, (which was supposed to be put forward at today’s meeting) perhaps it would be an idea for everyone to make a point of refusing this initial offer.
    😕

mmmm correct me if I am wrong, but it isn’t summer yet, so you may get that back

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar