Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    low_ir
    Participant

I think the point that Fi was making, was that the Summer bonus was stopped, shortly after being told it would continue beyond the summer. Taking into account the loyalty bonus and summer bonus this still does not compare to the Fugro deal of straightforward maths 183 days!

Wonderboy, I would suspect when the announcement was made that Fugro and Rovtech were to combine most people thought (as I did) that as Fugro had a better pay deal let’s stick it out and see if anything changes. After all, there’s no point leaving, only to find out you’d have been better staying!

I’ve said before, Rovtech personnel didn’t ask to be part of Fugro, so if you had to make a choice of leaving the company you’d want to know what was on offer elsewhere. Overall, Rovtech was a happy little company, and good to work for, but Rovtech now no longer exists so we need to know what Fugro-Rovtech are going to offer us before we decide on the 3L’s!!!!!!

wonderboy
    Participant

I would stay as in the long run (and it will be a long run) you should be better off. But as Ray has said, it won’t be done overnight it will be a long haul. Although if I remember there are about 4 rates of Supv alone at Fugro, and wasn’t everyone all on different deals with Rovtech ? Some of Rovtech’s "offshore managers" (read supv) will be loath to give up their over inflated titles.

Ray Shields
    Participant

(like the uplift for working in norway or denmark which i was told at my interview with rovtech would be paid)…. once again, this still does not mean pay rates between the 2 companies are anywhere near equal

Which they flatly deny they have ever paid apart from a one off contract and it was at the insistance of the client. Did you get it in writing?

AB is the one laughing all the way to the bank, he is the one who sold you out. He promised you anything you wanted to hear last year, cos none of it is anything to do with him now.

So what level and how much do you get paid just now and what does your equivalent ex-Fugro get?

Ray Shields
    Participant

ray, i’m p/t 3 15,500 salary and 90 day rate.
    i’ve heard from someone on this site by pm who has been offered a trainee position with frov that his salary is 17000 and day rate 70, there’s not much of a difference there. i don’t know what the same level of p/t is on with fugro but it evidently will be more than this

As far as I can figure PT4 in Rovtechs present structure would be equatable to a current FROV trainee on completion of their training course for the first 6 months of the year and then PT3 after that.

The problem is that Rovtech seemed to invent lots of levels without having a specific written difference between them i.e. what do you need to do to go from PT3 to PT2 etc.

Using your figures (I wont publically give other people salaries on the forum but if people want to give theirs then thats different):-

Take an example for 190 offshore days a year:-

ex Rovtech
    Basic, £15.5k, Offshore £17.1k, bonus (>173 days) £1523
    (bonus is 1/173 of basic times days over 173, is that correct?)
    Total £34,123

ex Fugro
    Basic, £17k, Offshore £13.3k
    Total £30,300.

Difference between means ex Rovtech makes almost £4k a year more. Noite this is ignoring ALL benefits (sickness, health scheme, paid leave, pension).

As far as I can see benefits were better for ex Fugro, but these will all be offered to ex Rovtech (apart from the Rovtech pension which is much better than the Fugro one)

TheProphet
    Participant

So i take it after today’s harmonisation party everybody is a happy camper 😆

Sarcy
    Participant

I am afraid it is not that simple Ray. Our salary is based on 144 days offshore + 12 days in the base, this takes us up to 156 days. This part is paid on the basis of 12 1/2 days a month consolidated days. To further confuse matters we then get 14 days paid as we earn it to take us up to 170 days then we switch to the 1/170th + offshore bonus. If we don’t do 12 days in the base in the year then the difference between the base rate and offshore rate for each day is paid at the end of the year.

Most of us are actually hoping that the Fugro system is simpler and we can actually find out what our salary is each year, making it simpler to track and flag any discrepancies that may occur with not getting the right days paid or credited each month.

This is not taking the pension or BUPA into consideration, don’t even think about paid leave, we are asked to organise holidays to co-incide with our onshore leave time, and sickness pay? Whats that?

Sarcy
    Participant

The summer bonus was just an incentive for personnel to do longer trips, we got paid this for each day worked, from the 21st to 20th of each month it was in place at the end of each pay month.

As has been mentioned it is withdrawn at the companies whim without warning if they feel they are not busy enough to warrant it.

There was no harmonisation meeting today. Everyone was having a laugh at our new grades/salaries

Ray Shields
    Participant

I am afraid it is not that simple Ray. Our salary is based on 144 days offshore + 12 days in the base, this takes us up to 156 days. This part is paid on the basis of 12 1/2 days a month consolidated days. To further confuse matters we then get 14 days paid as we earn it to take us up to 170 days then we switch to the 1/170th + offshore bonus. If we don’t do 12 days in the base in the year then the difference between the base rate and offshore rate for each day is paid at the end of the year.

This is not taking the pension or BUPA into consideration, don’t even think about paid leave, we are asked to organise holidays to co-incide with our onshore leave time, and sickness pay? Whats that?

Paid leave, sickness pay, door to door, health scheme for all not just Superisors, all that is known to be happening already so surely all of that must count as something towards the whole package?

Who the hell wrote your contracts, was he a bloody accountant?? 🙄 Even with that, are my calculations still not valid? Between 0 and 170 (OK I had 173 for some strange reason) you still earn your salary and 170 times your offshore allowance, and then 1/170 of salary for the days after that. Its just that you happen to be paid it as a fixed amount each month.

waynemb17
    Participant

It’s gold rush time so the people of old Rovtech seem to think.I am leaving anyway due to problems at home but i think they ( ex Rovtech personel ) are waiting / expecting more than they will be getting but good luck if they get it.Ray you have said to me in the base that they will not get the money so why does’nt the company just come out and say it.No pay rises.

Sarcy
    Participant

I have been through this before with HMB and Subsea when Subsea issued the new contracts thinking we would just sign them and be grateful it ended up with a load of guys leaving – some of them now in the Fugro Rovtech office – and a second, improved contract then being issued.

Hopefully we will all find out next week if we have reason to be thinking of liking, lumping or leaving, or if we have the balls to do it.

waynemb17
    Participant

Next week some people will be looking for new job’s if they dare!!!!!!!!!

i STILL SAY GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

chen
    Participant

Been reading all this fascinating payrate and harmonisation stuff so just did some quick calculations.
    I reckon its like this.

R contract supervisor, no days offshore about 30,000 pounds
    R contract supervisor, 365 days offshore about 96,000 pounds
    F contract supervisor, no days offshore about 36,000 pounds
    F contract supervisor, 365 days offshore about 104,000 pounds
    our contract supervisors, no days offshore about 45, 000 pounds
    our contract supervisors, 365 days offshore about 115,000 pounds

Who do you think has the most harmonised payrate?

If I’m wrong with the figures for R&F above then tell me but if you think thats interesting then PM me with name and e-mail address

chen
    Participant

Sorry to retrace this forums steps a few replies, but just a warning to all.

Stay clear of chen’s outfit. All i will say is they are in the far east and they are not very professional. They do not pay up yet expect you to pay for hotels / visas etc yourself, do not listen to practical suggestions to improve the job, they didn’t even have their own dive / video logs – but asked for them to be designed on a PC with a non English operating system.
    As for the ‘don’t bitch’ comment – typical of their general manager.
    Not character assassination but just trying to save people hassle in the future.

You have been warned! 😯

OK lets clear this up.
    I am Chris Barclay, Chief Engineer of Bluewhale Offshore in Shenzhen China.
    Bluewhale has not and cannot pay UKPS because we cannot get a signed timesheet for work and this is because the two men walked off in front of the client in Shanghai Airport without even seeing the vessel (the Castoro 10).
    Whether or not UKPS have paid the men expenses is not our problem, although the men where on contract to us from UKPS there never was a contract between us and the men directly.
    Our contract with UKPS requres that they present signed off timesheets, END OF STORY.

There is a post elsewhere that describes the conditions leading up to the walk off, read it and form your own opinion (its paraphrased directly from the letter written to UKPS in explanation by one of the two men).

There! I have told you Bluewhales side and have identified myself, lets see if either of the two men dare name themselves.

wonderboy
    Participant

now it all becomes clear, the Castoro 10. Nay wonder they they f****d off home. Saipem barges, says it all really.

TheProphet
    Participant

Norfolknchance, i have worked with Chen and i know he is as straight as a die what you see is what you get an honest trustworthy guy.
    Now crawl back into your hole.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar