Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Fugro Trainee Pilot Tech Positions

Fugro Trainee Pilot Tech Positions

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Fugro Trainee Pilot Tech Positions

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    David Smylie
    Participant

I agree things are definitely stacked against us all. I guess all we can do is wait for a call or e-mail.

David Smylie
    Participant

Hi guys has anyone heard back yet? I would have also thought that there would be more of the 500 aplicants joining this conversation if they are researching Fugro and the business.

Robert Mur
    Participant

Haven’t heard anything since I applied last week. Not holding out much hope though as I can imagine there will be a huge number of Applicants.

Jaimey
    Participant

Hello, I’m new to this Forum but I applied for this position last week haven’t heard anything back. Was wondering if anyone knew where the 8 positions we’re exactly and what kinda engineering qualifications they are looking for etc.

Ray Shields
    Participant

There would have been a huge number of applicants for only a handful of positions, so a week is nothing to wait!

They will be looking for people who have the appropriate technical skills, qualifications and experience in electrical, electronic and hydraulic engineering. HNC, City & Guilds etc, but i would say you also do need to have experience using these skills.

Not people who can design things, people who can and have got their hands dirty and can repair and maintain the equipment. They are not looking for people who know how to fly ROVs – you cannot learn to fly and ROV until after you get the job, hence the look for technical qualifications and experience.

John Wedderburn
    Participant

Heard back today, interview next thursday! Fingers crossed! Anyone know what the interview be like ir what questions will be asked?

Robert Mur
    Participant

Did u hear back by email or telephone ?

John Wedderburn
    Participant

Phone. They left a message on my answering machine so phoned back and got an interview next thursday at 2. Just waiting on email confirmation.

Colin Gaskin
    Participant

Heard back today, interview next thursday! Fingers crossed! Anyone know what the interview be like ir what questions will be asked?

Nice one, good luck to you pal. Not heard anything back yet, but fingers crossed a few more of the forum will be joining you to interview.

John Wedderburn
    Participant

Thanks mate! hopefully something comes of it. Does anyone have any idea what i will be asked in the interview? or are there any technical questions?

David Smylie
    Participant

Congrats mate hope you get it. I’m now checking my phone twice a minute.

David Smylie
    Participant

Well I guess I’ll try next time. Hope everyone who gets through does well and get the post. Hopefully ill see you out there some day.

Ray Shields
    Participant

I would suggest that they will want to know if what you put in your CV matches what you know.

So, if you are electrical, can you read an circuit diagram, if you said you are hydraulic, can you read a hydraulic diagram. If you said you were a nuclear scientist – well, they would have had to Google questions and answers to ask you!

Graham Starkie
    Participant

Congrats guys

Sounds like a lucky few are in with a chance, closing date for this one is shown as 1st feb so there may be a few more to come yet ;-).

All the best
    G

Craig Farquhar
    Participant

Hi all, i was interviewed on friday and woke up on saturday to a letter with an offer of employment! It was last feb i applied so was shocked that i was even offered an interview!

I told them upfront that i had provisionally accepted a position with another subsea company as a mechanical tech, so they told me they would let me know asap if i was successfull.

Im over the moon, good luck to all who are being interviewed this week and ill hopefully be seeing some of you at the beginning of march 🙂

Craig

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar