Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Full-time Salary advise? Aust.

Full-time Salary advise? Aust.

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Full-time Salary advise? Aust.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luke James
    Participant

G’day chaps,
    New to the site and industry, I have been short listed for a job with a military sub rescue contractor in Aust. and was wondering if anyone could provide advise for salary negotiation?

Specs are: qualified Technician/trainee pilot for manned submersible and Scorpio 45 pilot/tech, primarily shore based- 6-10 weeks offshore/yr.

As aviation back ground I’m not sure where to target a full-time salary level since I wouldn’t want to price myself out of the running, sell my self short or undercut the industry. (Would include 5 weeks leave/yr).

Any input would be appreciated. Cheers.

Jason South
    Participant

Dude,
    You have been shortlisted for a job hundreds if not thousands would shag a goat to get…….

They have already decided how much they are paying for the position. Dont worry about undercutting the industry as a trainee. Some trainees trying to get jobs would work for next to nothing to get a foot in. Once you are trained, then worry about not undercutting your peers.

You want to promote your skills and give them a reason to want you. Concentrate on that mate and good luck.

Only my opinion……….

Luke James
    Participant

jsouth

Thanks for your opinion, it is what I was after from industry members.
    I’m sure they do know what they want to pay but I was after some insight as to what that might be since they would not disclose it in the interview but merely asked me what I expected.

I fully intend to take the job if offered, I know it’s a brilliant oportunity.
    Thankfully, they did not ask if I would be willing to shag a goat…

Cheers.

Kalbo
    Participant

Thankfully, they did not ask if I would be willing to shag a goat…

Cheers.

Don’t knock it until you have tried it!!!

Weird things happen offshore we’ll have you know!!!

Good luck by the way… 😀

Adriaan Grobler
    Participant

Shag a goat, I thought sheep were the flavour of day down under. (Watch me get kak for this, lol)

Mark Taylor
    Participant

Don’t worry Luke I’ll have a goat ready for your arrival!! Lots of love Buck PS it’s a very very small world. I started on $2 a week!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar