Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Global Marine systems

Global Marine systems

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Global Marine systems

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    marsvoltaire
    Participant

Hi subseaaddicted,

I just want to ask you about your interview at Global Marine, what questions are they going to ask during interviews? Can you give me some tips on how to pass their interviews? I am applying for ROV position at Global Marine. Thanks in advance

Regards,
    voltaire

kaffirkicker
    Participant

To be perfectly honest with you, give GMS a body swerve. I was with them for 4 years, it didn’t take me long to get promotion, but like all other replies it’s archaic. But at least the boats are wet and you get to see more of the real world, and not just the O & G side of it. I believe the trips are now cut back to 6 and 4 weeks, that was only last month I was speaking to the head honcho down in Chelmsford. It’s not every ones cup of tea, but then again neither is SS7/Acergy/OI/SS/Canyon.

marsvoltaire
    Participant

Hi kaffirkicker,
    Can you give me a piece of advice on what to expect during job interview at Global Marine, like questions being ask during interview. I have a job interview for an ROV trainee position. thanks

didson
    Participant

The interview I under went involved a practical test, formal talk with personnel staff and a written exam.

The practical if you don’t have fingers like cows tits and can manage to tie your laces, won’t be a problem. The written test consisted of basic maths and engineering questions, nothing on rocket science. A Higher in physics will see you fly through this.

During the formal talk your attitude to others onboard a ship and engineering knowledge is accessed. Again not greatly in depth

If your thinking about joining then these are the questions I’d like you to ask yourself-

1. Can I drink everyday and still turn up in the morning?
    2. Do I want to work in an environment very similar to and old boys club?
    3. Can I make my own entertainment for weeks on end?
    4. Can I take a much lower salary than others offshore?

I spent 5 happy years with global and wouldn’t change a thing (apart from I’d knock out a chief cable engineer). They didn’t have many good stations left as I headed out the door. I now do the oil and gas bit. I have to work for a living but am rewarded for it. The ROV training and experience you’ll gain will be in the noble art of trenching. Trudging around the seabed in a straight line for day after day. Oh what joy.

Give it a go, get a pilot tech 1 ticket, a few hours under your belt and see what happens. Just don’t get blinkered into not moving on as it’s very easy. Wish I’d only had 3 happy years.

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

Oceaneering. Ha! if you have a pulse you can get a job with them.
    Never mind you an use them as a training course, and then apply for a proper job with the real operators. Good luck 😛

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar