Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Good advices are welcome !

Good advices are welcome !

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Good advices are welcome !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    sam
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I registered on that forum about a year ago and i’ve been loggin in quite often to get some infos and today i finally post something !
    I’m 30 from France and… how rare… i’d like to get in the ROV industry πŸ˜€

I was a fighter pilot trainee in the French airforce (an accident which slowered my visual accuity forced me stop the training) i’m also a Scuba diving instructor.
    Last year I decided to search for a job that suited me and as i was reading informations on how to become a commercial diver i discovered this job.
    I also have a French equivalent to a BETC Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering so i thought this was a very good idea because everything in my CV sort of come together.

The more i’m reading about it the more i’m motivated as there seems to be a lot of possibilities and job opportunities (and a good pay rate…)
    I registered on that website took some company name and adresses and made a trip to Aberdeen trying to get a job by knocking on their doors with my CV in hands even without an electrical/mechanical backgorund)
    i met the RH manager of Fugro and went to Oceaneering but unfortunately no answer from them so far (not really surprising)

Instead of paying for an expensive course at Fort Williams i decided to take some experience by doing an 9 months "electrical maintenance of automated systems" course in France which i’m not paying a cent. I also wanted to show that i take that job seriously and i’m not afraid to take the longer way to get more experience.
    I’m now beeing at the end of this course and i have to do a 5 weeks internship starting mid september which is a great oportunity to get in the industry.

the questions are:
    -does it worth paying for an offshore survival course just for an internship?
    -appart from Fugro an Oceaneering do you know some companies willing to take on some new trainees for an internship
    -what’s the Subsea7 HRM email? i can’t find it on their website
    -do you have some good tips for me πŸ™‚

thanks for your answers and thanks for whoever are running that website for all the infos i got from there… and sorry for my english and for the long post 😳

exo

TheBaron
    Participant

You might want to try Gulmar Middle East. They have French management and an ROV. Do a search on Google for it as I don’t have the info on me.

centurion
    Participant

Good to see that you went knocking on doors.

You might consider starting with a French company

http://www.ronsrovlinks.nl/modules/wflinks/viewcat.php?cid=5&orderby=countryA&start=30

or checking out French dive companies. Dive companies often have a ROV or two on the go

http://longstreath.com/diving_companies.php?caID=1&coID=73

Good luck

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Exo,

Technip – high pay!!! Marsaille / Paris

Anonymous

Hi
    Try Alcatel cableship.

sam
    Participant

i’ve already contacted France Telecom Marine, Comex and IFREMER but i received negative answers from them… to much work for the ROV pilots to take care of a newbe or no contract during that period πŸ˜•
    CVs has been sent to Fugro, Oceaneering, Technip and are about to be sent to some of the companies you told me including those in the RonsRovlink
    so thanks for the info guys !
    Working in an english speaking environement doesn’t scare me so if you have other company names…
    what’s the contact info for Subsea7 btw ?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

"Ya mother was a hamster , and ya father smelt of Elderberries"
    πŸ˜€
    Monty

sam
    Participant

"I don’t wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction!"

TheBaron
    Participant

TouchΓ©! πŸ˜†

Anonymous

"I don’t wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction!"

Classic Exo, you will get on well my friend

Anonymous

Hi
    Been working with a lot of France people, most of them is,,,,,, sorry to say it, just like you, one day you teach them, the next day they want to teach you.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

These France people πŸ˜•
    Were there lots of the critters or just singles
    Were you working in the land of frogs at the time or elsewhere πŸ™‚

sam
    Participant

no deepdown i’m not beeing arrogant we’re just joking with lostboy.
    i’ve traveled a lot and many of my friends are Brits, i’m used to the british humour

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Good on ya Exo πŸ˜€
    Good luck on the work front , dude .
    Regards
    Roast Beef πŸ˜€

Anonymous

OK
    You might be one of the good guys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar