Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Good advices are welcome !

Good advices are welcome !

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Good advices are welcome !

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Savante
    Participant

sorry, i couldn’t resist putting this link up.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs&mode=related&search=

Cabledog
    Participant

😆 😈

Not all the French are bad though fellas, I know one good one 😯

Good luck Exo
    Dog

Savante
    Participant

Not met a bad french person yet but I think this scene is the funniest I’ve ever seen !

Donnez-moi la vache !

sam
    Participant

Thanks guys ! i take that as a warm welcome 😆
    i found an english equivalent of what i’m studying at the moment, it’s actually a City & Guild.
    The english translation may not be accurate : maintenance electrician for automated systems (Electricien de maintenance sur systèmes automatisés)

sam
    Participant

Just to give some feedback, several weeks ago i found a trainingship in a small french company operating ROVs and did 2 missions one in Marseille and the other one in La Réunion island. i have now about 10 hours of flying the "Achille" (ROV made by Comexpro). An other company offered me a job, considering my (little) experience what’s the minimum rate i should ask?

They will also teach me to do sonar, Multibeam echo sounder surveys with Hypack.

TheBaron
    Participant

8) Well done Exo! To be honest, I’m not surprised you made it. Amazing what a bit of grit and determination will do for your prospects. Keep up the good work, and never lose your sense of humour. Others, take note ❗

sam
    Participant

Hi guys,
    i did mostly Sonar, Single beam and Multi beam survey those past weeks.
    Now i’m about to take a survival course in order to go offshore and take some experience as a ROV pilot (at last!).
    As far as i understood, BOSIET is for the English sector, OLF for Norway, NOGEPA for the Dutch (is that correct?)

But what about Africa? does it also depends on which company you’re working for ?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar