Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Got suitable skills and qualifications – just need a leg up!

Got suitable skills and qualifications – just need a leg up!

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Got suitable skills and qualifications – just need a leg up!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    n/a
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping that someone reading this can help me out a little or point me in the right direction…

I’m currently working as a vessel project electrician for a major operator in the North Sea and abroad. I’ve been with them over two years and I’ve spent most of this time working on DSV’s as a sat dive tech and the rest looking after project kit on flexi lay operations.

I enjoy my job, however I want to make the move into ROV’s as I have qualifications and skills that I’m not currently using and am at a point in my career that the timing of the move is right.
    After talking to a number of ROV techs on the various vessels that I’ve worked on, it’s fairly apparent that my skills and experience should stand me in very good stead.

I was put forward to DeepOcean (who’s setup is one of the best I’ve seen) by a manager who I worked with back in the summer but after chasing it up and getting nowhere with the HR, I left it alone. To my suprise, I received a letter just last week from the HR saying that they have started a few guys with more suitable experience…as equipment tech trainees. It’s probably the first setback of many but I thought I certainly had the right skills and experience, as did the OCM who put me forward.
    So, a bit disappointed with that one, but if the HR at DO is anything like my company, then it’s not that suprising.

If I’m looking at starting as a trainee, I thought Deep Ocean would have been a good choice as their kit and training has a good reputation.
    My experience to-date could allow me to maintain the ROV kit with a straight forward familiarisation period but actually operating it is where I currently don’t have the experience….hence, starting as a trainee, probably for a significant drop in wages, is a compromise that I’m willing to accept.

I’d be most obliged, if there is someone out there who knows of any organisations that would take an interest in me, to please let me know.

Regards

deepseacon
    Participant

Whats the Senior Dive Tech rate now you should be on around 460 GBP +
    a day working as Senior Dive Tech not sure what the new rate is for 2012-2013 as the rate should of gone up 1st Nov.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar