Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Hello all

Hello all

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Hello all

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jamie hill
    Participant

Hey folks, a good while back i asked out for some advice with regards to becoming an ROV PT trainee. As always you guys were really helpfull and since then i have qualied my city and guilds as a mechanic, already had my HNC in electronics engineering and now working for a tuning co in north east. Been on relentles courses for wiring diagnostics etc… Main reason i am posting is i have been hitting a wall with my career pursuits. I have booked my bosiet and mist as i have been advised previously to do so. But was wondering if i might be missing anything else. I know that rovs have hydraulic working parts and my knowledge and experience of hydraulics is limited. So other than me finishing off my HND in electronics engineering is there anything else that would perhaps make me stand out from the rest? Alot of the chip tuning etc is bery delicate work and i would like to think my electronics skills are pretty good but as techs what so u guys find is a good quality to have?

Any feed back, like always, is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, Jamie.

Steven White
    Participant

I think that skills in hydraulics that you miss, you can gain on courses after succesfully pass through the interview. 😉

Jamie hill
    Participant

So in theory i have everything that they would be looking for? Also, as i would just be training, if the guys on my back shift were to be doing something difficult etc would it be ok for me to hang around to see what is done. Just to help enhance my own experience basically.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar