Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training High Voltage Courses Singapore & UK?

High Voltage Courses Singapore & UK?

Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training High Voltage Courses Singapore & UK?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

DJan,

We must’ve done something right throughout the years…. Mayhaps the idea of ummm…. err… making money of unsuspecting people was / is just too easy and the bombardment of courses is here to stay!

Donnie Cameron
    Participant

There used to be a HV course run in Norwich (UK) at one of the colleges. It was 2 or 3 days duration and conducted by a guy who worked on the national grid. PROFFS might be a good source of info regarding where exactly as that’s their neck of the woods.

subman
    Participant

After being in the rov game for over 30 + years I find the whole thing a bit silly also dont forget this is not a one off thing but you must re do it every 3 years .
    I feel more like a Cow with a very large bucket under him being milked for every drop of milk they can get .

After having a chat with Sonsub in Singapore it seems that most of there guys are doing the MTCS HV distance learning package. This costs £135.00 per person (plus VAT).

This course can be taken offshore and the assessment is submitted to MTCS Ltd. on line. There is a practical element that should be taken offshore/in base and requires you to demonstrate that you are aware of isolation procedures and safe working practices for ROV HV systems.

Cheers all and Bring Your Own Bucket !

Subman

Excableguy
    Participant

contact Brian (Possibly Bryan) at PGS
    Power and Generation Services Ltd
    http://www.powergeneration.uk.com/index.html

He does an excellent 1 day course (if no knowledge of hazardous areas or EX regs are required) or a 3 day course that covers the full requirements for zoning, hazardous areas and EX equipment. The course is hands on and relevant to the ROV industry. Worldwide.
    I cannot see that a 2 hour course would ever cover all the relevant points.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar