Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Hydraulic Pump

Hydraulic Pump

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Hydraulic Pump

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    liddelljohn
    Participant

Bleed the system , motors ,valve packs in fact anywhere air can hide , check it, bleed it again, check it , then bleed some more
    comp up as required
    replacing pumps can be a hassle if lots of air in the system , Dont panic ,think clearly and logically. and make sure you understand why original fault happened or you will be chasing red herrings on a wild goose chase.

Anonymous

Um! How many more posts can say check this, check that, bleed this, bleed that? Do this, do that?! These guys have no clue so you may as well not bother repeating yourselves 🙄

T-Boy
    Participant

My thoughts exactly, what hope have we if people cannot even read previous posts 🙄

My thoughts exactly, what hope have we if people cannot even read previous posts 🙄

Just in case 😉

liddelljohn
    Participant

Um! How many more posts can say check this, check that, bleed this, bleed that? Do this, do that?! These guys have no clue so you may as well not bother repeating yourselves 🙄

Yeah …. It like talking to my wife .repeat myself a million times but she still doesnt understand men.

luckyjim37
    Participant

It is looking like an expensive day for them boys out there the type of pump he has had quoted is about £3500 plus vat however he has only quoted the series type not a specific model number.

He might also be able to get further help if he tells us the type of ROV specificially as someone may be able to offer a snippet of system specific knowledge. Most hydraulic systems are similar but there are is always the odd strange thing here and there.

Des_b
    Participant

Hey Saeed,

After all these replies which covers all most all things you could/should check, have you found the problem? If so what was it? 😕 ❓

Anonymous

Db

Too late mate, they’ve crew changed now – swapped with the local Mc D’s grill crew..

Heard one guy asked why the arrows on the pumps were facing different directions tho……. 😆

🙄

Des_b
    Participant

Hey at least the Maccy D guys know what oil to put in the fryers…so they should have an easy time!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

liddelljohn
    Participant

I was on a MCD job a couple of years ago we had a totally Fuxked ROV due to previous untrained crew from god know where… it took us 3 weeks to get the thing right again then we carried out the last 3 months program for the client in 5 weeks …then we crew changed , the client wanted guys like us again so the ROV would be OK …but the ROV owners sent more untrained guys from God know where and within a week it was Bolloxed again ……dumb or what .

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Hmmmm 8)
    Thats why I think you have to be around in the Industry for at least five years to gain enough experience and know whats going on before giving advice 😕 Unless you are working on the system for 365 days of the year and in the water for that amount of time plus doing different jobs with it which no one is 8)
    Sadly there are too many newbies thinking they know what they are doing but don’t 😯
    Mind you ……….. it makes me look even better 😀
    Most equipment is comon sense but experience on little quirks helps cut the time factor down 🙄
    So it seems agency work is coiming up …………………….
    Waheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar