Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work i am seeking offshore salvage work can any1 help?

i am seeking offshore salvage work can any1 help?

Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work i am seeking offshore salvage work can any1 help?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i am seeking offshorework salvage work i have all offshore certs and also eng1 med. if ther is any offshore operators outthere that are interested in giving me a chance give us ashout i come from a plant operative background , a basic understanding of hydraulics , i have plenty of common sense which i think is essential . i am hard working . i can work on my own or as part off a team! I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO GIVE ME A FIGHTING CHANCE . i would like to get into the rov side of things ,once i have the ex . behind me , i also have my rigging certs .hiab crane certs .SO IF THER IS ANY OFFSHORE OPERATORS THAT ARE PREPARED TO GIVE ME A CHANCE GIVE ME A CALL 07986298177/ 01642 889466 . I AM AVAILBLE ASAP . MY NAME IS PETER. FROM TEESIDE

Anonymous

TRY CALLING SOME ROV COMPANYS AND NOT SHOUTING!!!!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I heard that there are alot of job oppotunities in west Africa at the moment , Try them , Nigeria is one , You will get loads of experience down there.

Ray Shields
    Participant

I heard that there are alot of job oppotunities in west Africa at the moment , Try them , Nigeria is one , You will get loads of experience down there.

LOADS of experience – up until the point you are shot or kidnapped at least.

I always wondered – do you stay on full dayrate when youare kidnapped?

Orion – you have been looking for salvage work for a while now. Why specifically salvage? Also, SHOUTING on here will not get any replies from Companies. get on the phone, write letters and emails to them, it really is the only chance you will have.

Anonymous

angola is nice at this time of year 😉 i have heard there is a job going at scapa flow with cox and danks salvaging ww1 stuff, try them, based in lyness, orkney.

Anonymous

hi ray if i new any companys i would ring them i canot seem to locate this company called cox ad danks in orkney?

Anonymous

cox and danks……. based at the old navy base at lyness, the main man….. frank cox, of cox and danks, i wonder if they are still as busy? the high seas fleet was a big job!! 70 odd ships lifted………

get on line and search if you are looking for rov companys, they are not hard to find!!! get the press and journal on friday, thats a start 😉

Anonymous

yeh ive tryed a lot of the rov companys no ex nocks me back all the time thats why i am trying with salvage recovery companys to get a starts as a g.a. do you have any contact numbers for coxs and danks or any other firms ?

Anonymous

m8,

you so miss my point, you will NOT get into marine salvage, its very rare indeed, i have not done any in over 10 years roving,

get yourself any job offshore, even as a roustabout then start looking about as to what you can do, set yourself a realistic goal, marine salvage is total pie in the sky

there was a job off vigo in spain a few months ago, but it was not for green hands, just rovers with a history or guys that were known,

but if you cant find on the web frank cox of "cox and danks" the greatest marine salvor EVER, i doubt you will find your way in to rov.

prove me wrong……………. ❓

Ray Shields
    Participant

as H2 said, you need to get into ROVs FIRST to get into marine salvage. Almost no chance of getting into salvage with no experience at all.

Fugro have just finished a job off Spain (think its the one you mentioned H2) recovering copper ingots from a ship. They were all standard ROV guys.

You must have names/addresses for ROV companies by now. So they knocked you back last time, keep trying. It really is the only way. Ask for feedback, why are you being knocked back and what can you do to improve your chances?

And double check your spelling on your CV, if you spell "tryed" and "nocks" on there like you do on here, then CV wont even be given a second glance.

Deepthrust
    Participant

Did some work for Titan Salvage in the Gulf of Mexico, I dont think that they are regular users of ROVs but could be worth a try. The environments that you will be flying in will be "exciting" and the idea of going down on weather is frowned upon, not really the place for a trainee!

As has been said many times here get some experience, then you may be able to choose your field, until then you will have to graze where you can!

polo
    Participant

Hi there ,
    Just work for the larger ROV companies, you will be entwined with salvage at some point, did some myself,body recovery etc, Titan Maritime based out of Fort Lauderdale USA is a good bet but preferably Schmidt Tak out of Holland. Just wish you the best in search of work but some times salvage is a little depressing considering the reason you are there, loss of ship,lives etc. I have lived with the seas for many years and have more respect for the sea than I have for many barge skipper etc. Whatever you want is out there —go for it!!!!
    POLO.

Anonymous

REPOST!!

i am interested in geting into offshore salvage recovery work i am availble asap i have offshore ex ,all offshore certs, i come from a plant opreative background i am studying a hnc module for hydraulics and phumatics , i have nvq2 in fibre optics ,splicing ,termination .ect. i would like to get int rov,s eventually. i am not degree educatated but have plenty of common sense. would like to be given a chance . or point me in the rite direction . my mobile :07986298177 / 01642 889466 / peterlinya70@yahoo.co.uk

and as said before you have NO CHANCE in getting in to salvage!!

try taking a course in spelling or use the spell check!! or you cv wont be worth *hit!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

REPOST!!

i am interested in geting into offshore salvage recovery work i am availble asap i have offshore ex ,all offshore certs, i come from a plant opreative background i am studying a hnc module for hydraulics and phumatics , i have nvq2 in fibre optics ,splicing ,termination .ect. i would like to get int rov,s eventually. i am not degree educatated but have plenty of common sense. would like to be given a chance . or point me in the rite direction . my mobile :07986298177 / 01642 889466 / peterlinya70@yahoo.co.uk

and as said before you have NO CHANCE in getting in to salvage!!

try taking a course in spelling or use the spell check!! or you cv wont be worth *hit!

Heh, heh 😆 😆 for the spelling bit…

Did 5 salvage jobs – all private and secret-lke. 2 paid off well, 2 okay, and one was a bust. 27 years in the industry and it took a lot of likkin’ boots to get those jobs. Alas, most of the work I’ve done has been O & G 😥 😕

No, you won’t get in…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar