Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates I can’t believe it

I can’t believe it

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates I can’t believe it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    thinsub
    Participant

Just been on my first Eyeball job and they paid me the same money as a work class ROV, can’t believe it what a doddle. Eyeballs for me from now on. Easy life could do this till I am ninety.

Anonymous

I agree, but it might not be the case for much longer, word has it (from a good source) that with the current market adjustments/pay reviews all aspects of operations are going to be looked at, this includes productivity of crews in relation to their rates……so you Eyeballers could be in trouble!!!!

Paul Bond
    Participant

What was the eyball job? Did you fly it or just fill in the logs?

I like the idea of money for old rope 😀

thinsub
    Participant

Flying, Logging, Standing by and even had to fit a tool to the sub. (Scary)

Paul Bond
    Participant

So how was it different to work class then? Sounds the same to me except you only have two bods per shift instead of three.

I’m an eyeball bod and just wandered why you think work class is so much hard work?

Keep smiling.

Stephen Black
    Participant

the best thing about an eye ball is lack of oil and been able to turn it on its side to reach that nut that is just out of reach of your finger tips

Paul Bond
    Participant

This is true, but a lot of the eyeballs now have manipulators on tooling skids or fitted permanantly, so there is quite often oil albeit on a smaller scale.

The ROV manufacturers are bringinging out more and more ‘workball’ ROV’s as the years go by – so i think the definite border lines between eyeball and workclass jobs are shrinking.

Keep smiling 😀

Dayratersarepoo
    Participant

I agree, but it might not be the case for much longer, word has it (from a good source) that with the current market adjustments/pay reviews all aspects of operations are going to be looked at, this includes productivity of crews in relation to their rates……so you Eyeballers could be in trouble!!!!

Eyeballers in trouble . Not sure how you work that out . As on the eyeballs you have 2 decent guys , one the oil tubs you have 2 and a brew maker . And there just aint the guys around to start messing with paying the oily brigade more money . Its just never ever going to happen no matter how hard they try .

thinsub
    Participant

Lets face it guys eyeballs, workballs, beachballs whatever you want to call them are starting to get more and more things fitted to them but they are not closing the gap by any means as workclass ROV are also getting more and more things fitted to them also as the technology moves more things seem to be getting added every season.

Basically it is generally an easier life on an eyeball no matter the size of your team, a couple of little hydraulic manips ain’t going to scare anyone especially when you ain’t got the thrust to break them.

Paul Bond
    Participant

Ok thinsub i concede – you workclass guys work far harder than anyone i have ever seen – it takes stamina to get through that many cups of coffee on drill support lol! As you can see i am generalising, which i fear, that you are too.

I agree new bits of kit are being fitted to the subs, but aren’t they generally designed to interface with whatever vehicle they are going on? I don’t think that you reinvent the wheel for every tool you fit – or maybe you do….

Anyway, rant over lol.

Keep smiling all – especially you poor hard done by souls on workclass vehicles!! 😀

thinsub
    Participant

Always smilling wherever I am 😀 (Generally)

TheBaron
    Participant

But, but……..we……..errrr, umm! Sod it! I ain’t even gonna go there! 😯 😆

TheProphet
    Participant

Never seen a small vehicle person yet who likes work class. To much like hard work for the lazy so and so’s. or more like to TECHNICAL for them! 😆

Theblackfingernail
    Participant

I’v done a bit of eyework, liked it, but mostly work with big suds with oil in them, at the end of the day we’r all offshore for money, dose it realy matter what we work on, I’d fly a Turd if they paied for it. Good boys are everywhere, plus I think you have to be good technicaly as there’s not many boards to change out (seaeye’s) on them. Horses for courses.

RimMe

The Finger

dominating
    Participant

are yall kidding me! eyeballers!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell, that’s a freaking joke. theres nothing better than a 150hp work class. what possible satisfaction could you get out of a flying shoe box? sounds like alot of lazy asses, i guess that is why americans dominate the ROV’s in construction.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar