Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates I can’t believe it

I can’t believe it

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates I can’t believe it

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Ray Shields
    Participant

are yall kidding me! eyeballers!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell, that’s a freaking joke. theres nothing better than a 150hp work class. what possible satisfaction could you get out of a flying shoe box? sounds like alot of lazy asses, i guess that is why americans dominate the ROV’s in construction.

If the Eyeball guys get paid the same and have to do less work, who’s the fools??

Are you saying the majority of Workclass Pilots are American – and thats because they work harder?? Gosh, two jokes in one… 😆 😆 😆

SpearROV
    Participant

Americans Dominate by their BIG Mouths , not by their Flying skills !
    Oh and I have never come across an American Pilot for that matter in the Northsea or Middleeast or Africa worth his salt 8)

LukeD
    Participant

I don’t think you get that many American Pilots outside America…………
    Too afraid 😀 It’s that Terrorist thingy 😀
    When they say they dominate the ROV industry………………………. 😯
    It’s a bit like the World Basket ball series or World Base ball Series possibly the WORLD NETBALL as well 😆
    ‘If they believe in themselves they will be believers’ 😯

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😆

LukeD
    Participant

Oh 😕 I forgot ,
    Football world series 😀
    I think they should change the name of America to …………………………
    La La Land 😀
    The states of Tinky-Winky and Dipsey 😆

misiuek
    Participant

i have read this bitten my tongue and quite frankly thought…. typical workclass wankers… hey but who am i too say if it wasnt for the brill cream boys we wouldnt have a job eh!
    oh yeah oh sorry i am only mechanical or electrical or a self obsessed twat yip that will do! ….
    the ‘eyeballs’ have progressed into the oily workclass life i have done drill support with a workclass 3 per shift and a tooling tech per shift then straight after to do a panther job with a total of 2 per shift doing the same work but with single point tooling…. mmm so went from 8 crew to 4 for 24 hours and basically same work scope…. also to fly one of these flying ‘shoe boxes’ takes more skill than most can imagine it is much easier to fly workclass (well most of them)
    i pay will always pay a obs guy the same as a workclass guy for the simple reason you pay for the experience not on some stupid scale of vehicle to vehicle

any obs guy will fly a workclass with little or no problem the same cant be said for the other way round. horses for courses

of course there is a difference with maintenace etc etc but to come out with the crap in previous posts i can only say 1 thing

idiot! (s)

regards

SpearROV
    Participant

That was one hell of a speech 😀
    But I agree with your statemento 🙂

Savante
    Participant

With the amount of work now undertaken by small private companies, some of this must be hurting the eyeball class inspection work for the majors in areas such as spud-can survey, light jacket inspection and sea-chest surveys? Basically anything where a DP2 ROV-SV, hipap or workclass solution is not required.

I imagine this is what is driving your friends comments on imminent board-room discussions on performance-related reviews?

Perhaps this is what my perception of middle-management bias of "work-class over eyeball" is based on – they are fairly safe on work-class workscopes and thus a performance review would not be that much of a problem in those areas. I don’t think it has anything to do with quality or capabilities of staff/crews.

Competition is increasing dramatically in the low-risk, low-maintenance eyeball vehicles arena; you only have to look at the lead-times to order a seaeye tiger or falcon; just about everyone is buying them in in spades.

With all the consolidation going on in the marketplace just now, and the number of new-builds entering the market over the next 6 months, we all know the future will indeed be "challenging" because the market is no longer that tight.

Competition is a very good thing. Have at it.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I don’t think the Yankey stock market is going to help either 😯
    See , 🙂 If there is to be a F#$!#-up , look for the American string in the formula 😆

LukeD
    Participant

I think they should stay on their own side , so we can work properly without interuptions 😀

Murray Blom
    Participant

Hmmmm Pay workclass bods more than eyeballs….. 😯

A certain company in the Far East tried that on me a few months ago, the oil covered, over worked (because of antique subs) workclass bods were going to get US$20 per day more than me because ‘workclass were more complicated’ 😆

They expected me to train a newby, fly the eyeball, fix the sub, do the paperwork, fill in the dive log, position the vessel, do the comentry, burn the DVD’s etc etc etc for less than they paid the workclass super to sit on his arse and direct his slaves, Yeah Right 😆 😆 😆

Workclass are only complected if you don’t know what the f..k you are doing. I’ve 20 year in the industry next Feb. and have worked on about 20 different vehicles roughly 50/50 workclass and eyeball. The most problematic I would say have been eyeballs. Put one through the ships props, it was a Phantom so it was a welcome release for the poor beastie, the others electronics pod caught fire and burnt up 😳 😳 😳 Mind you I didn’t have any problems with it after that 😆

But back to the point of the post, the afore mentioned company didn’t see my smiling face (some say this might be a good thing) at the next crew change they saw my hairy arse as I went to fly an eyeball for a company that pays the same for the same job, a supervisor is a supervisor and gets paid as a supervisor. And it is more than the Far East company were paying their workclass supers ❗

Certain other posters on this board have walked from the same company for similar reasons 😆 😆

Andy Shiers
    Participant

And who might that be then 😀
    Not mentioning any names 😆

TheBaron
    Participant

I’ll join your gang. 😆 Good move ROV Stuper, took your time! Lastboy, how’s the brass monkies?! I can handle the cold, but that’s what all the extra hair is for! As for the pay discrepancies betwixt the ROV classes, that is something the operators will try to pull, but they still charge the client the same rate. If you are gormless enough to fall for this then it’s time to change trade! 👿

R2D2
    Participant

Eyeball / Work Class …. don’t matter ….
    I’m so sick of <***ing hydraulic oil & grease ! 😡
    I’m going to take tea-bags of scent, like: vanilla, rose pettles or eucaliptus —soak them in the oil drums so the next time we get f*** flooded with the >hit …. at least we smell good 😀
    Why is it that the rov crew’s coveralls are always the dirtyest on the vessel?? I think there must be something worth investigating… 😯

Savante
    Participant

Are we really entering an age of pot-pourri smelling crews and starched white shirts?? 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar