Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Imagenex 851 sonar

Imagenex 851 sonar

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Imagenex 851 sonar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bill Bulloch
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a problem with my Imagenex 851 sonar, but no manual. Does anyone out there have any information on this model, i.e. pin-outs, manual or even a copy of the top-side software in order that I can test the head on another computer?
    Grateful for any information. Cheers.

Savante
    Participant

tried to find one for you but no avail – guy at hydro wasn’t picking up and british columbia is well out of my working day – try tracing the wires back from the connector to the first chip and note the serial number – then look it up on the web – four of them should hopefully link back to a single chip and be TX,RX and GD or A+/- and B+/- with potentailly a ground. This should be an rs232 or 485 compatible component- this is laborious, but if you’re stuck, it’s a long winded way !! MAX is a good chip id to look for!!!

Hope this helps !!

Savante
    Participant

also, if you can, maybe look for two wires going into a bank of capacitors and resistors – this can sometimes indicate the presence of a smoothing filter – normally stuck on the power…..

anything written on the boards – no previous whips to cut open and look at?

Other than that I’m stuck – wouldn’t reccomend any of the above unless you are utterly screwed !!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar