Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work Inlaws are coming please help

Inlaws are coming please help

Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work Inlaws are coming please help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Toni Morgan
    Participant

ROV Pilot/Tech 1, 3 years exp 250hrs logged on WROV, electrical and eloctronic biased wilth good knowledge on hydraulics and making the thingy go forward and backwards, will work for peanuts. , oh, I’ve got a sence of humour.

ANCHORMAN
    Participant

Sence of humor. Emmmm. Careful offering to work for peanuts may get you a job that gives you your wish. You did not make me laugh I wonder with that approach if a company will take you as a serious application. Pitch yourself as a serious prospect and I think you may stand a chance. Xmass rush will start in a few weeks and even comedians should find some comic outfit ready to take them on. Good luck

madddawg
    Participant

[quote=will work for peanuts. , oh, I’ve got a sence of humour.

Might want to give your local, friendly Subsea(7) Partner of Choice a ring then. They’re quite into cheap labour lately…..

ANCHORMAN
    Participant

Was thinking about your attempt to secure work? Making the thingy go back and forth. So you have 250 hours of taking the ROV from TMS to work area. Did someone else jump on the sticks in between that to Carrie out the task the client wanted you to perform? Maybe your next post for work you will show a professional approach. There are too many pilots who think they are cleaver and funny. You make us free lancers look unprofessional. That I can assure you we all are not. Some of us take this job seriously and want to deliver a good days work for an expectable day rate. Don’t bring us good guys down to your level. CHEERS !!

Toni Morgan
    Participant

Blimey, didn’t think anyone was going to get offend by my little form of amusement. It’s just that I’m finding it difficult to get work and I’m sure there a lot of us in the same boat and it seems no one is hire this side of Christmas.
    I’d also like to say that I am good at my job and I do take a very professional role when working but I like to have a laugh as well and not be a ROV anorak.

This wasn’t a job application and I wasn’t expecting Oceaneering or Subsea 7 to get in touch through it.

madddawg
    Participant

Hiya HYBALL

Just a bit ‘o friendly piss-taking!! Yep, market sure is tight. Been trying to secure something o’er christmas meself….have ya tried the agencies(ukps,proffs,sspro), et al?

Auf wedersein,

MD, Esq.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Blimey, didn’t think anyone was going to get offend by my little form of amusement. It’s just that I’m finding it difficult to get work and I’m sure there a lot of us in the same boat and it seems no one is hire this side of Christmas.
    I’d also like to say that I am good at my job and I do take a very professional role when working but I like to have a laugh as well and not be a ROV anorak.

This wasn’t a job application and I wasn’t expecting Oceaneering or Subsea 7 to get in touch through it.

Don’t worry about it….

ANCHORMAN
    Participant

Sorry Hyball
    Was not having Too much off a dig. I am no Anorak just think we need to keep a professional appearance. Especially when you don’t know who may read your posts. I always say know your audience. I am taking a break from work myself as I have worked too many Christmases. There always is a lull around now but if trends are anything to go by then you will have a job offer at the start of December through to middle January. I also believe that next year will be a great year for work. If enough people talk about next year being a fantastic year for us pilots then it will become so. GOOD luck job hunting !!

Toon
    Participant

HYBALL

First class post mate…. I’m glad that some people in the industry have a sence of humor and are not all anally retentive as it sometimes comes across…. Hopefully I will get to work with people of similar persuations…

As a trainee PT I’ll no doubt be dragged across the coals for this comment… perhaps we should start a support group..?

Nice one….

Toon

quaich
    Participant

Did someone else jump on the sticks in between that to Carrie out the task the client wanted you to perform? Maybe your next post for work you will show a professional approach. There are too many pilots who think they are cleaver and funny

Don’t bring us good guys down to your level. CHEERS !!

Was not having Too much off a dig

Hate to see you have a real dig.

His post made me smile and I’m sure "good at making it go forwards and backwards" isn’t on his CV.
    Chill out man πŸ™„

I’ll work with yer Hyball.
    You seem a good lad.

Toni Morgan
    Participant

Hey, thanks for the support guys. You do know I can make it go up and down as well.

madddawg
    Participant

No sh*t, up and down as well….this boy’s good man, he goooood…

(Yer just asking for it, aint ya!)

JL Schnabel
    Participant

Well HYBALL…

I was in stitches; a bit sad if we’re all deadly serious like all of the time : yes, chill.out and bring on another HYBALL chapter !

πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

quaich
    Participant

Go yersel Hyball.
    Forwards – backwards – up – down.
    You’ll be telling us next you can make it go round and round.

Just a thought but when keeping a "professional appearance" how important is spelling and grammar ?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Toon
    Participant

I thought it was the guy outside pulling the cable thingy up and down that did that….

Learn something new everyday hey…

Toon
    (PS: We need to get rid of this thread)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar