Iraq

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Anyone heard off or know anything about a job off Iraq initially surveying seabed with an ROV to locate ordanance?

Cheers

😉

Spacer
    Participant

Join the Navy!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Join the Navy!

😆 😆 😆 😆

liddelljohn
    Participant

Friend of mine had a job doing just that in the Baltic 2 years ago ,for a pipeline lay , ROVs used to look for old Russian,Swedish ,and German ,British cold war , WW1.WW2 ordinance, when found and identified charges were layed either by divers or if too deep using manips to lay charges for disposal.

cant remember which company he was working for .

Andy Falconer
    Participant

Bactec?

Anonymous

Spaced-out

Doubt you’d be taking the piss if I mentioned the rate 😉

Spacer
    Participant

But you didn’t mention the rate, nor did you mention you knew anything of the job.

I was just stating (in a" taking the piss" sort of way) the obvious. One of the navy’s job is to locate and dispose of underwater ordnance. Been there done that, thank you very much.

So please, enlighten us. What is the day rate for such an exciting and illustrious endeavor?

Craig Thorngren
    Participant

Not sure about Iraq, but a recent job in Libya paid $1959 per day for an operator +expenses to investigate any "annomalies" a survey group came across. Gear rental was a little extra.

Chief

Anonymous

Spaced Out

My question was whether anyone knew anything about this job. I should’ve expected someone to give a childish response to a simple query……….. Your ‘stating the obvious’ is rather foolish – do you think anyone would give up contracting, take a >70% paycut to join the Navy, just to go on a survey job?

I suggest you join some teenagers chat site, might be more your thing?

Any details I gleen regarding this job won’t be posted in public although I may pass on info via PMs, this is to avoid every man and his dog trying to get on the job – oh yea, plus guys who like to ‘state the obvious’ there’s nothing worse than commentators in the van.

🙄

Gordon Prest
    Participant

Excavatordrivers, PM me as i have some info regarding this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar