Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Is work picking up?

Is work picking up?

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Is work picking up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Sav,

Ummmm… yeah, status quo pretty much everywhere you want to work – tho’ the rates not up to Q3 level 2008 – off / lower by USD 40 -60 / day. Hmmmmm…. the pound is getting a ardon’ init??? (as of very recently)….

DJansen
    Participant

Yep … been snowed under with offers the last two weeks… Too late as I’m at work already.. Company running the job is sweating on finding 4 more decent ROV guys for next week.. But funnily enough they are having trouble… me thinks they aren’t offering enough wonga for techs…. Guess market forces will eventually prevail .. unless some clever office johhny finds a way to transfer 10yrs of ROV knowledge into cheap guys from Poland….
    Anybody else remember ‘Joe 90’ ?

😆

Savante
    Participant

anyone else think the season is back on ?? 😆

rovrave
    Participant

is work picking up (title of this thread)

well judging by the rash of advertisements on here (mainly by agencies), one would certainly think so.

myself i tend to think those advertising are only filling their rolls with resumes (as suggested by others on here) or adverising jobs that others are refusing….i mean 600 usd to supervise in west africa,…come on.

those of you who are holding out for better money, i think you are starting to gain ground. some of those companies that have tried to fill crews on lower rates are now paying the price. some of those guys they have picked up on those rates have cost them contracts and hard won reputations.

don’t believe me, ask the guys at fugro singapore and fugro middle east why the company has lost so many contracts. i think they are not the only ones to pay the price

well neptune seem to be steady with a reasonable amount of work coming in , could be better but enough to pay the lads 900 for sub eng and 1100 usd for supervisor.Neptune haven’t lost a contact yet due to badly performing crew or machines.!!!!

heard sonsub singapore are slowly gaining ground again too, picking up some of the contracts other companies (who went for the cheap labour) lost…..heard from a contact they still pay reasonable too, around 820 usd for sub eng and 1000 for supervisor (not up to neptunes rates but enough to retain good staff)

so what do you ,the guys that opearte and keep these rov’s going,.. have to say. has work suddenly picked up or is there odd something going on????

Anonymous

i

well neptune seem to be steady with a reasonable amount of work coming in , could be better but enough to pay the lads 900 for sub eng and 1100 usd for supervisor.Neptune haven’t lost a contact yet due to badly performing crew or machines.!!!!

heard sonsub singapore are slowly gaining ground again too, picking up some of the contracts other companies (who went for the cheap labour) lost…..heard from a contact they still pay reasonable too, around 820 usd for sub eng and 1000 for supervisor (not up to neptunes rates but enough to retain good staff)

so what do you ,the guys that opearte and keep these rov’s going,.. have to say. has work suddenly picked up or is there odd something going on????

1. Sonsub Singapore do not employ sub engineers… I wish that they did!

2. Personally know of an individual jumped ship for Neptune, got paid well for a few weeks then nothing for almost a year

3. Sonsub Singapore has just demobbed two more ROVs (I hope that there is room in the yard)

4. Sonsub Singapore have just "stood down" almost their entire Singapore workshop workforce

5. Have learnt that a new player in the Australian market is offering AUD 150 less than the going rate for a P/T
    🙄

centurion
    Participant

WRT Neptune I hear that Joel Weston has moved on to new pastures.

The rumor mill has it he is possibly heading to SS7.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Cent,

Just goes to show us all that nobody is immune to constant changes in the industry. (Re: JW)

Ozifer,

Plenty of work in SEA at the moment – at least til’ the weather changes (literally).

rigwash
    Participant

ozfifer.

you really need to pass by " bernies bullshitters bar and grill" more often
    and hear whats going down these days. (some ) of your info is way off target.

-sonsub most definetly do have a grade = sub engineer.

-i don’t know who your mate is, but neptune only started up not much over a year ago. All those that started in the initial batch were kept busy .Until the start of this year when it went a bit quiet for neptune. however during that time they were given maintenance and upgrading to do on the systems that were on boats.Not like being full on offshore but pretty decent of management (i thought) to try and ease their loyal guys over a lean time. Anyway they are back on track and getting contracts once again

– new ozzie player paying under rate.?….well you got me there, cause i haven’t been down home for a while. How do they manage to pay under unIon award rate? i wonder….could it be ISS?…

Scott,
    guess it’s only busy in SEA for us in the know eh? wink wink nod nod,
    we should really keep quiet about it and the USD rates, cause (again over heard in bernies bullshitters bar and grill) heaps of pommies ringing / emailing companies in Asia and offering to work for 600 usd as supervisors. So much for solidarity eh? tsk tsk tsk

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

OH NO!!!!! Not the "non-existent "S"" word again???

Hee, hee… I’m sure the ROV companies and agencies will keep their "loyal" guys / gals in lieu of cheaper labor…. gag… snort…. git yur butt off the floor now – your turning blue!

rovrave
    Participant

so guys, has anybody actually got a job from one of the latest abundance of agency posts.???

if so? was the pay up to the mark?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Rave,

As I’m sure you know, most of them are offering the paltry N. Sea rates (GBP 400 – 485 (Max.)). A far cry from what we know to be different rates. Not much different from before as the dayrates are going up but at a slower rate – and that’s for direct employment. End of year as the norm…. good luck.

ROV_HAND
    Participant

I would say it’s picking up… I am working, and getting offers like everybody else…

Savante
    Participant

I think it’s off the hook again – that’s 9 work class systems mobilising from Fugro apparently….. subservpro putting out a work-list a mile long too across all disciplines…..

Huzzzah !!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Ahhhhh….. once again, the countdown to retirement is back on track!!!

rigwash
    Participant

centurion says:…"WRT Neptune I hear that Joel Weston has moved on to new pastures.
    The rumor mill has it he is possibly heading to SS7. "

centurion,
    seems you are spot on the money there, old joelbert has flown the coup…..will he be taking dogbert and his other ex-sonsub side kicks this time , i wonder, and if so where?…ss7 you say?

i smell another good giggle behind all this, seems old joelbert is fast cementing his name as one of the old offshore legends. i can’t wait to get down "bernies bullshitter bar and grill" and do some ear wigging on the corner stool. surely this is another salty yarn to add to the trip home from bernies with the wheel clamp attached all the way?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar