Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Is work picking up?

Is work picking up?

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Is work picking up?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

ozfifer.

you really need to pass by " bernies bullshitters bar and grill" more often
    and hear whats going down these days. (some ) of your info is way off target.

-sonsub most definetly do have a grade = sub engineer.

-i don’t know who your mate is, but neptune only started up not much over a year ago. All those that started in the initial batch were kept busy .Until the start of this year when it went a bit quiet for neptune. however during that time they were given maintenance and upgrading to do on the systems that were on boats.Not like being full on offshore but pretty decent of management (i thought) to try and ease their loyal guys over a lean time. Anyway they are back on track and getting contracts once again

– new ozzie player paying under rate.?….well you got me there, cause i haven’t been down home for a while. How do they manage to pay under unIon award rate? i wonder….could it be ISS?…

Scott,
    guess it’s only busy in SEA for us in the know eh? wink wink nod nod,
    we should really keep quiet about it and the USD rates, cause (again over heard in bernies bullshitters bar and grill) heaps of pommies ringing / emailing companies in Asia and offering to work for 600 usd as supervisors. So much for solidarity eh? tsk tsk tsk

I stand by my statements, as for Bernies, I went there for the 1st time on Friday 24th July purely out of interest and stoked by comments on this website, I don’t know why I bothered it was extremely quiet. Having said that; I can usually find company anywhere given that I’m such a congenial and interesting raconteur even in shorts and thongs!

Still… nobody I know that works for Sonsub Sing is/was or has ever been offered a position as/ or known of a "sub engineer" at SS Sing and I have enquired; but not at the afore-mentioned bar.

I could be wrong, I’ll always admit it!

Re the Aussie non-Americanised spelling player, it was a position offered directly to me via an agency in Euros which I directly converted (xe.com) to AUD$1000 and some wee few odd dollars.

I am not going to name the agency because they may just be playing me, however if you read the Australian rates; I posted most of them! It’s not ISS: it’s just a visitor on our coast… if they can’t pay the rate and get found out they’ll soon be in darker waters with coconuts and other things floating in them.

I remain, as always, in the interest of a flatter playing field but not necessarily the same shape as yours! 😆

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Over to you Joel….

Joel
    Participant

😀

JW

baglimit
    Participant
    Savante
    Participant

I think work may be picking up at the moment in the North-Sea; there are next to no DP vesels in port or sitting at anchorage off the Aberdeen coast (UK)!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Or they have shifted to warmer, more user friendly, climes.

DANFROV
    Keymaster

I think James is right, most vessels have moved on away from the North Sea for this season.

Dan

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Can’t beat the tropics guys!!!

liddelljohn
    Participant

Word from above in SG is that ASIA is going to get busy again after 2 slow years ,lots of projects are being resurrected but the but the big thing is going to be ,IRM and repairs as The Asians neglected too much regular work .The money thay saved was wasted by neglecting stuff ..short termism.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar