Home Forums General General Board Italian Safety in Nigeria ?

Italian Safety in Nigeria ?

Home Forums General General Board Italian Safety in Nigeria ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tak_Tahu_Lah
    Participant

Just received an email from a Pommy mate of mine working for Saipem in Nigeria.. Sounds like typical Italian cock-up. Nigeria has been getting a bit lively of late. More kidnapping and armed piracy plus an election coming up soon. Their vessel is working close to the Niger delta. They were expecting a ‘bonus’ for work in Nigeria but seems this evaporated and they are now getting 50% added to their loyalty bonus..He reckons this can be between as little as 4 quid extra a day for basic PT’s WOW ❗ 😯 But worse is they were promised a fast crew boat and two ‘guard’ boats to ensure vessel safety at the worksite.. One guard boat never showed up and and the other has been blockaded in the estuary leading to the ocean.. So they are now working unprotected..
    Guess there will be few volenteers ready to return.. So much for health and safety…. Can only hope the Nigerians know how tight Saipem are and don’t bother kidnapping anybody…. 😀

stinky-bum
    Participant

Not like Saipem to feck you up the bum and not give a toss….

cleeamollette
    Participant

i heared about a strike just before the elections in Nigeria. watch your back guys. I work for OI there and one of our staff house has been hijacked lattely. Anyway it will never be any safety around here.

star
    Participant

is that you Mr Anderson.. big Dave?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar