Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Location of Home

Location of Home

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Location of Home

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Richard Slater
    Participant

I wasn’t sure on how to search for this so thought I would throw this one out, and see what other’s personal experiences have been.

Currently, still serving in the Royal Air Force, located at Lossie. With it I enjoy cheap housing in the form of a Families Married Quarter. Once I pull that black and yellow ejection handle to retire from the RAF I will have to find alternative accommodation for my family and I, which is only natural.

I own a house in Blackpool and my Wife owns one in Corby, Northamptonshire. At this time circumstances restrain us from simply selling up.

If hypothetically speaking, I managed to be taken on as a Trainee, how acceptable would it be to expect the company paying for me to fly up from Blackpool International for example? Instead of commuting in from the surrounding area of Aberdeen.

Any help and advice is very much appreciated.

Ryan gay
    Participant

It doesn’t matter where you live only one on our team lives in Aberdeen the rest live in England and they pay for us to travel

Richard Slater
    Participant

Nice one, that makes things a lot easier. Although this part of the world has some astounding views, (Which is great if you like climbing the odd Munro or two) it is still a little isolated. Plus all the family are in England as well.

Cheers.

Joe Nemeth
    Participant

live anywhere you want chap, our guys come in from the EU, asia and australia.. all flights payed for.

don’t think many of our crew are in aberdeen, but a lot are jockaneese…

Mike McEwan
    Participant

If international when recruited you will be asked what is your nearest international aiport and that is where they will fly you from.
    If based in UK you will usually get expenses paid from door to Aberdeen/Norwich wherever.
    In my experience though if you move say to Spain the companies are reticent about picking up any extra expense.

John Bridgett
    Participant

If international when recruited you will be asked what is your nearest international aiport and that is where they will fly you from.
    If based in UK you will usually get expenses paid from door to Aberdeen/Norwich wherever.
    In my experience though if you move say to Spain the companies are reticent about picking up any extra expense.

Flying from Spain is probably cheaper, it cost more from Humberside to Aberdeen than it did from Manchest to Dubai!

J

Ray Shields
    Participant

If you are looking at starting in ROV industry I would suggest you make yourself reasonable available to a uk airport with good connections.

While existing crews may live all over the world, who will take on a Trainee who lives, say, in the Canaries?

Our lot say you need to live within 2 hours of a good Hub airport.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar