Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Looking For Some Advice

Looking For Some Advice

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Looking For Some Advice

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alex Davies
    Participant

Hi all, I am currently in my final stages of leaving the royal navy, I work as an aeronautical engineer. The ROV job sounds very appealing to me, so i was hoping that someone could give me some advice of what my best options could be, for getting into the industry. Also has anyone got any contacts that i could send my C.V off to?
    Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks Alex

Des_b
    Participant

Hello mate,

Just read ALL the info in the rookie section. Then make up your mind whether you want to do it and do enough research into whether you can get a job or not. Just by researching ROV as a subject and by the info in this forum you will be able to decide who to send your CV off to….

Good luck

Cheers 😀

Alex Davies
    Participant

Cheers for the reply mate, I have quite a bit of knowledge of the ROV trade as my father is a shift supervisor for subsea 7 so he liases with his ROV colleagues to find out things for me. Sadly they are not currently taking on at the moment. I have sent a CV off to oceaneering and they have told me I should be getting contacted for and interview but i have heard nothing yet. What would you recommend as the best company to go for as a rookie looking to start off in the business?
    Many Thanks
    Alex

DaveO
    Participant

If your father is a shift supervisor for subsea 7 why don’t you ask him these questions?

Alex Davies
    Participant

No need for that! Like I said my father said he ha told me everything he can with regards to the job! He is not an ROV shift supervisor but a sat diver shift supervisor! So he can not give me all the details apart from what he gets told by his colleagues!

Savante
    Participant

alex,

just an out of box suggestion but have you considered thales underwater systems in glasgow? it’s not rov, but you may be able to push your engineering skills in a more interesting direction and make use of your experience from the mob.

Manoj Singh
    Participant

Alex,

Try with fugro Abudhabi. if you are comfortable with gulf weather. i think they are taking in new guys. get on to fugro site look for contact.

Manoj

DaveO
    Participant

Alex,

My apologies, misinterpreted your post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar