Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner LOOKING TO BECOME A ROV PILOT.

LOOKING TO BECOME A ROV PILOT.

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner LOOKING TO BECOME A ROV PILOT.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Dear all,

I have recently decided to change my career and I was looking for some advice. I have no experience in a suitable industry but have always wanted to move into a offshore ROV Pilot position, unfortunately I got involved with the horrible world of recruitment and have found it hard to walk away from the bonuses even thought I hate the office environment…… 😳

I am currently living in Dubai and I have planned to move to anywhere in world that provides the best ROV pilots course, I believe this to be in the UK. I doubt any company will be interest in providing me a trainee position as I have no experience but I understand that I will be a hydraulics qualification as well as attending a ROV pilot course. Could anyone advise me on the best recognized ROV pilot course in the industry.

Finally I have found a lot of salary figures being thrown around . Is 200 GBP a industry standard for a trainee?

Any other information or advise would be really appreciated

Thank you

Ray Shields
    Participant

I would suggest that the first thing you need is suitable industrial experience such as electrical or hydraulics.

If you do not come from a suitably technical background, no training course in the world is going to help. There are many, many more technically competent people out there all looking for jobs too.

There is no such thing as an ROV industry recognised course, there are training schools that train using IMCA ROV training guidelines, but IMCA neither recognise any schools nor any specific training qualification following their attendance. Any school that tries to say you will be IMCA certified after attending their course is lying.

Equally, there is no such thing as a standard pay rate for any position among the ROV companies.

Thomas
    Participant

Thank you raysheilds. I got most of my information from ROV course websites which i guess i miss understood.

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar