Home Forums ROV ROV Work – Agency Requirements Mauritania MRV

Mauritania MRV

Home Forums ROV ROV Work – Agency Requirements Mauritania MRV

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rob Pattenden
    Participant

Hi,

We are looking for Pilot techs with workclass experience. The job is-

– Based in Mauritania, North Africa

– Using MRVs. Experience of other similar systems will be suitable, Triton, Spartan, Trojan etc…

– On the Atwood Hunter

– Starting ASAP

– Day rates negotiable.

– Duration 4 weeks.

Our client will consider supervisors if there is anyone available for this job. If you are interested please let me know as soon as you can.

Regards

Rob Pattenden AREC

Recruitment Consultant
    SubservPro Ltd

rob@subservpro.com

Ray Shields
    Participant

Heehee, they asked me to go down last week ago "just for 5 days, you would travel back on the 23rd".

Green I am not LoL! 😆

Ho Ho Ho!

PS Fugro are paying a wonderful £110 extra for the 4 holiday days over Chrismat and New Year. It also has not being confirmed if their recently announced £25 a day extra will aplly on that job, boys are still fighting for it.

The plus side is its an ex pat catering crew and the food is good, and they put an excellent spread on at Christmas/New year. Might make up for the 4 man cabins with the shared toilet/showe with the next door 4 man cabin! Tho there is a DVD player n tv in the cabin (bring your own DVDs!)

Rob Pattenden
    Participant

Hi Ray,

Sure you’re not tempted?? 😆

You heard it hear first, good food, a DVD player and a Christmas tan to boot!

Any CVs to the usual place.

Cheers
    Rob
    Rob@subservpro.com

rover37
    Participant

The man up crew dont get the DVD player. The food is only good if you like burgers and yardbird. No bottled water. reasonable rig. but i have been on a lot better. Plus the MRV factor, ok i suppose if you know what you are doing. Trouble is Ray is the only person on the planet who seems to understand the thing.
    Mauritania is OK. not really west africa, more like a poor mans egypt or tunisia.

rigboot
    Participant

Is the LARS still hanging over the side next to the exhausts?

Worst place for it when there was no wind.

Don’t know what the "problem" is regarding MRV’s either, good enough subs in their day and relatively easy to work and fault find on.
    I’d have an MRV over a Stealth anyday.

rover37
    Participant

each trip comes with a free fourty fag a day cough although this time of year its probably down to twenty!!!!

rigboot
    Participant

each trip comes with a free fourty fag a day cough although this time of year its probably down to twenty!!!!

Nah, not wearing that, its not the sh*tey fumes thats making you cough.

Own up, you’ve taken up smoking because you cant stand being in the control van any more than you have to, getting your ears bent and bored rigid with big job talk……………………………….

Ray Shields
    Participant

The man up crew dont get the DVD player. The food is only good if you like burgers and yardbird. No bottled water. reasonable rig. but i have been on a lot better. Plus the MRV factor, ok i suppose if you know what you are doing. Trouble is Ray is the only person on the planet who seems to understand the thing.
    Mauritania is OK. not really west africa, more like a poor mans egypt or tunisia.

Compared to may other places the foods reasonable (e.g. Scarabeo 6!). OK, only one cabin has the DVD tho there are now DVD players/recorders in the Shack as well (no more videos, gosh modern technology)

Never understood this problem with MRV5 and it being too complicated for people. Its an MRV, Sonsub have loads of them, they have no problems.

Agree re. Mauritania, you dont really have to deal with it much when you pass through. That airport is something else tho. in Departures, its like sitting inside a (hot) cow shed!

Exhaust fumes at the LARS are still there, a wee bit better than Egypt as there is usually always a breeze blowing in the Atlantic but still no very good.

Never mind, Andy will be back in Jan and can have it back in time to start the Completions, LoL!

rover37
    Participant

I am sure Fugro wouldnt have any problems with the MRV if people who new anything about it would go there!!!
    generally its poor unsuspecting guys who get suckered into going there.
    How many have been through the door this year and wont go back!!!
    I guess its almost into three figures by now.
    Still as i said there are worse places i,ve been.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar