Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Military ROV/AUV Operator looking for change!

Military ROV/AUV Operator looking for change!

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Military ROV/AUV Operator looking for change!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fingersRN
    Participant

🙄 Im looking to join the real people of the ROV/AUV fraternity
    and was wondering if my training and experience would really have any bearing for the commercial world? 18 years experience in semi-tech support and 12 as a pilot in coax and fibre optic controlled ROVs (French ECA PAP MK1 & 2, SEAFOX) and more recently (18MONTHS) AUV operator (REMUS 100)

Savante
    Participant

you any good at flyin that REMUS?? 😆 To be honest, sounds like you have more than enough experience to do the inspection class vehicles at least!

Ray Shields
    Participant

So you’ve been workig on the Sandown Class a fair bit then? You must have been up at BUTEC, we surveyed an area with the ROV there to be used to lay mines for training by the Minehunters.

Read through the FAQs (link over on the left) and read the section on how to lay out your CV and start sending it out to ROV companies, you should get a job easy enough with that experience.

fingersRN
    Participant

🙂 yeh extremely good at flying Remus lol. Just finished ops in North Arabian Gulf. Been to BUTEC many times and going back to one of them damn Sandowns (M111). Is there anyone else out there using AUV’s in the commercial world??

Ray Shields
    Participant

A fair number of AUVs about, Fugro being one (as I work for them).

Butec is also right outside my door 🙂 Give me a shout when your tied up at the Railway Pier 🙂

RNDicky
    Participant

😛 HI mate

how’s things onboard now your back at sea 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar