Home Forums General General Board MSW

MSW

Home Forums General General Board MSW

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stovieheed
    Participant

Just a quick question to the old hands out there. How many MSW’s do you have during your 12 hour shift.

I always maintain that a good pilot should have at least performed one per shift. That’s a top tip to the new guys out there. I’m sure a good SupV will show you how it’s done.

J Deans
    Participant

Or indeed give you a hand if you can’t manage it yourself.

Stephen Black
    Participant

do you mean metres of sea water ?

Keecher
    Participant

I personally find that MSW operations are generally easier during the night shift. Best so far is 3, which went down well on my appraisal! 😉

dprover
    Participant

Hi Keecher,

Hey, good to see that we finally have a decent topic for once; good old MSW ops. Nice to see your keeping your hand in Keecher!

I’d agree with your post in that nights tends to be the best time for MSW stuff. Three is a pretty good tally, I’ve only ever managed two. Do we need to risk assess it these days though?!

Can I just say though, that in my humble opinion, its not an MSW if you aren’t in the pilots seat when the operation commences. 😆

All the best mate,

dprover

Rabsky
    Participant

Ah yes…. A Master Shilling Workout ,best performed after watching an ROV Hole Trainning Video so to maximise PSI or Bar…If your old school

Ray Shields
    Participant

Hi Keecher,

Hey, good to see that we finally have a decent topic for once; good old MSW ops. Nice to see your keeping your hand in Keecher!

I’d agree with your post in that nights tends to be the best time for MSW stuff. Three is a pretty good tally, I’ve only ever managed two. Do we need to risk assess it these days though?!

Can I just say though, that in my humble opinion, its not an MSW if you aren’t in the pilots seat when the operation commences. 😆

All the best mate,

dprover

Kev might agree night shift is the best time to do it as long as its not in the same cabin as him!

dprover
    Participant

Hi people,

Hey Ray, thanks for that, I hadn’t forgotten about that particular MSW on board the Carla.

I have to say though, that technically it wasn’t an MSW operation, but it was an OSW.

It seems the subject has gone quiet, after the first few postings. Obviously there aren’t that many experienced people left who understand the importance of MSW, and indeed, OSW operations to the subsea engineering world. Maybe its just because we do a lot of heavy construction on here that MSW assumes a greater level of importance. 😉

Take it easy,

dprover

ROV_VALLEY_COMMANDO
    Participant

MSW’s would be alright if the deviant’s washed up before they got back in the hot seat, be better eating your dinner off the shack floor than hand on stick then normally hand in mouth!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar