Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Need Help for IMCA Question

Need Help for IMCA Question

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Need Help for IMCA Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hermawan
    Participant

hello..
    i am trying to get imca cert. and i have some problem to answer some questions.

those questions are. :
    1. Safety factor for ROV Instruments and ROV/TMS Hydrolics.

did they answer about procedure, like JSA. PTW, or they asking what they asking what we will todo with Safety factor.

thanks 😕

Ray Shields
    Participant

I am not site what it is you are asking. Safety factor is something that is normally associated with lifting certification.

Also please note there is no such thing as an IMCA certificate. They do not certify anything. They may write guidelines but they do not certify anything no matter what any of the ‘training schools’ may try and sell you. There is also no such qualification as an ROV pilot. Anyone with no qualifications or experience can call themselves that (unfortunately)

hermawan
    Participant

I am not site what it is you are asking. Safety factor is something that is normally associated with lifting certification.

Also please note there is no such thing as an IMCA certificate. They do not certify anything. They may write guidelines but they do not certify anything no matter what any of the ‘training schools’ may try and sell you. There is also no such qualification as an ROV pilot. Anyone with no qualifications or experience can call themselves that (unfortunately)

that is correct for your information, but when i am try to get MTCS, they give me some question, as i mentions above.

most of rov company now need some certification, thats why i am applying for pilot tech, even now i have got some works.

Des_b
    Participant

Hermawan,

you wrote:

1. Safety factor for ROV Instruments and ROV/TMS Hydrolics.

Im not going to answer the question but try steer you in a good direction.

Is this the whole question as they asked it?

If so, think about what happens when they are energised or turned on. for instance:
    1. If you are adding instruments to a rov do you leave all the power on? probably not….

2. For ROV/TMS hydraulics, it would refer to the procedures for the vehicle as well as the companies precedures. For instance you wouldnt turn on the hydraulics without having someone on comms outside and you would have certain other things in place before operation which would be discussed in TBT etc. But it would depend on what you were doing.

I hope this points you in a good direction. Remember its not just safety for personnel but also the vehicle.

Cheers

Des

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar