Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Need input

Need input

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Need input

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    deSangerous
    Participant

I have six years offshore commercial diving experience. I learned about hydraulics offshore and I know a little about electricity but I can use a meter, find, faults and solder. I am also a certified welder. If I go to a ROV school do I have a good chance of employment after that. I hear alot of people can’t find jobs after going to these schools.

Thanks

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

deSangerous,

This question has been asked and replied to a few times, it would be worth you looking through some of the older posts in the Rookie Corner.

In a nut shell, if you want to change over to ROVs from Diving, the best way is to submit your CV to a few companies, everyone is busy at the moment, and if the company like the look of your CV then your in with a chance.

You could do the course, but, at the end of the day, regardless of what the training companies say, there is no more chance of getting a job by doing the course.

Hope this helps
    Gina

Any of you ex-diver ROV guys got any words of wisdom for deSangerous?

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

deSangerous,

Guess all the guys are a bit busy at the moment, thus no other replies on your post.

Another option that ex-divers often opt for is going for their 3.4u and doing data recording/inspection co-ordinating, just another avenue to think about.

All the best
    Gina

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar