Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Next Fugro Trainee intake

Next Fugro Trainee intake

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Next Fugro Trainee intake

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Flymatt022
    Participant

I’ll have to agree with misiuek on all of that.

Just to add a couple of my own thoughts.

Relax. They are not there to catch you out, they need people to do the job. They just want to know if your going to be OK, if your going to fit in and at least try. If your too uptight you wont come across as well as you could.

Listen very carefully to any questions, especially tech questions. I didn’t give the right answer to one of the questions because I missed the clue in the question. Of course as I drove home it all came clear. 😳 I still got the job. 😀

You should be OK technically, with your background, unless you were one of the binary SQN bulb changers. 😉 Just remember, I’m was a rigger and I did OK. 😆

Oh, and DON’T tell them about the dogs!

Matt

Borolad
    Participant

Cheers for all the advice lads, I feel a lot more confident now, until I get there….you know how it is 🙄 And Matt, I thought after leaving the mob that would be the last I heard about the dogs, obviously not 😯

I will let you know how I get on.

Borolad.

Borolad
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for all the advice etc… it worked as I got a job offer today, can’t wait, thanks again lads.

Borolad. 😀

Flymatt022
    Participant

Well done Borolad, see you on the course. If my ex-boss sorts his life out and sends a reference!

Matt.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Just to let folks know, the next Fugro ROV Induction Course starts 9th April in Aberdeen.

Next one after that is the start of June.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Just to let folks know, the next Fugro ROV Induction Course starts 9th April in Aberdeen.

Ray, Does Fugro still expect guys w / 25 ++ years experience to sit a Fugro course??

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ray, Does Fugro still expect guys w / 25 ++ years experience to sit a Fugro course??

Fugro in Aberdeen have never expected nor done that as far as I am aware, as long as you mean 25 years experience of ROVs. We had a trainee on the last course who was 50 and had decades of experience of repairing TVs and videos, but he was still and ROV trainee and had to do the Induction course.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

That’s right Ray, 25 ++ years of ROV’s ONLY

Almost day dot til’ now….. But can Human waste – – – – sorry, Human Resources in almost every company see or read the cv’s properly. I doubt it. Why do most big companies bother having those departments anyhow? Job creation? Or what? And why aren’t those good folks in said dept(s) non-ROV types?? The mind boggles…

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar