Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion North Sea – Do you have foreign nationals on the ROV team?

North Sea – Do you have foreign nationals on the ROV team?

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion North Sea – Do you have foreign nationals on the ROV team?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Hence the reason why all these "Foreigners" have been coming to our country since after the war !

So, you only work on UKCS and UK flagged vessels?

we pay more tax

No you don’t, that’s why you work offshore.

and our standard of living is higher !

Visiting Britain always feel like going 50 years back in time.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Ahaaaaaaaaa , okay Ron I shall go in to research and bring back some conclusive answers for yee 🙂
    Since you’ve taken the bite ! 😯

Andy Shiers
    Participant

So, you only work on UKCS and UK flagged vessels?

Nope , Anywhere my services are needed and for the same amount of money , If Mr Philipa gets the same amount as me , I’m okay with that as that means he is worth it or better 8)

No you don’t, that’s why you work offshore.

Yes I do , And it is only Because of the Tax rebate that I still keep doing it 😯 Otherwise I would move on to other more lucrative jobs
    Quote:
    and our standard of living is higher !

Who are you kidding 😕 You saying its cheaper electirckery ,telephone bills , water ,council tax , Petrol prices etc than europe , Oh and cars are cheaper in the UK ? And food ? How about a pint of milk ? Lump of cheese then ? I know ! 🙂 How about a pair of Nike Trainers ? , Er , I don’t think so old chap !

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Who are you kidding 😕 You saying its cheaper electirckery ,telephone bills , water ,council tax , Petrol prices etc than europe , Oh and cars are cheaper in the UK ? And food ? How about a pint of milk ? Lump of cheese then ? I know ! 🙂 How about a pair of Nike Trainers ? , Er , I don’t think so old chap !

True, and yet for all the high costs…….. the public transport system stinks (in more ways than one), the crime rate is through the roof and being allowed to run unabated, the roads are in poor repair and congested, motorists are seen as a cash source by the UK government whilst other crims walk away with a slap on the wrist for beating up a granny, people in general are pissed off with life but stuck in a rat trap (a UK expression used often by it’s own people).

So why on earth would a foreign national want to come to the UK to work with all that to contend with??

It’s seems that they do though…. of course eventually they may well replace the people that employed them in the first instance 😉

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Because we pay more and our standard per hourly rate is higher than where these aliens live , That’s why 😕
    On The Buses 😯
    "I’ll get you Butler !"

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Back to the original topic

Are you working in the UK sector and are there any foreign nationals on the team?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

No and yes 😀

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Lost,

Ergo… you’re the foreigner… heh,heh

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Not as foriegn as you though 😆

James McLauchlan
    Participant

OK…. Maybe I’ll re-ask the full question (from the first post in this thread) and maybe get the kind of information being sought.

Are you currently on a North Sea job (or just off one) where there is/was a foreign national flown in from overseas being employed as an ROV tech on a rate that you suspect is way under the norm for the UK (i.e. cheap labour)?

Sensible answers on a postcard to……

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar