Home Forums Safety, Survival Courses & Medicals Offshore Medicals Norwegian medical help please

Norwegian medical help please

Home Forums Safety, Survival Courses & Medicals Offshore Medicals Norwegian medical help please

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

I have been getting some prices for UK and UK/Norwegian combined medicals certs.

I got the details from the oil and gas website.

One company said for a combined they want £110 for UK and £110 for Norwegian. When i asked why they said its cause they have to carry out blood tests and a chest xray.

Reading this forum the chest xray and blood test relates to the seafarers Norweigan medical?

Do the ROV guys get a normal Norweigan one?

deepseacon
    Participant

Norwegian medicals there is atleast two different types i just get the maritime one these days depends on your needs really.

costs well depends on location really.

Pierre COLIN
    Participant

Hi mate

I had my Norwegian cert during my UKOOA examination.Just ask to the doctor.There is extra fees for it.Not so expensive.Can’t remember exactly really but approx 30£.The practitionner just fill a form in Norwegian,you have to sign it and that’s it.
    Hop it will helps
    Cheers

Paul Bond
    Participant

Had my UKOOA and Norwegian medical back in February – cost £120 for the two combined.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

For usual offshore Oil & Gas operations a normal OGUK medical with an additioonal Norwegian cert is acceptible.

OGUK mecial is about GBP100.00-GBP110.00
    Norwegian cert is an additional GBP10-20 dependiong on where you go.

An OGUK Offshore Medical consists of the following:

Screening:-
    Completion of Patient Questionnaire

Urinalysis – routine urine test with immediate result
    BMI – measurement of height, weight and calculation of Body Mass Index
    Near Distance and Colour Vision
    Pulse and Blood Pressure Measurement
    Lung Function Test (peak flow)
    Audiogram (hearing test)
    Consultation with a doctor

No chest Xray or blood tests is required.

Some alernative enrgy and cable jobs might call for a Maritime medical. That is another matter.

Ray Shields
    Participant

I have been getting some prices for UK and UK/Norwegian combined medicals certs.

I got the details from the oil and gas website.

One company said for a combined they want £110 for UK and £110 for Norwegian. When i asked why they said its cause they have to carry out blood tests and a chest xray.

Reading this forum the chest xray and blood test relates to the seafarers Norweigan medical?

Do the ROV guys get a normal Norweigan one?

The blood test and chest x ray is not required for us, only if you are part of the ships crew, £110 for the combined is around the normal price as stated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar