Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Oceaneering India – 7 year bond and bank guaranteee needed!

Oceaneering India – 7 year bond and bank guaranteee needed!

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Oceaneering India – 7 year bond and bank guaranteee needed!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

WTF!!!!????

JL Schnabel
    Participant

Hell francesis ! That was a priceless !

πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

shohebshaikh
    Participant

what do u mean WTF.

for What ????????

Savante
    Participant

I think something was deleted —— someone was on the site fishing for some (b)ass. πŸ˜†

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I think something was deleted —— someone was on the site fishing for some (b)ass. πŸ˜†

Correct Sav…. What was that anyhow???? Guess James binned it….

Max Douglas
    Participant

Hey Lads,

I am in Batam this week and wish to visit the training center.

Do you have a contact email or address for this.

I believe it is located in Global Yard.

Cheers

maxcomdive@gmail.com

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Not on topic:

Oceaneering India 7year bond and bank guaranteee needed

Start a new thread please.

Hey Lads,

I am in Batam this week and wish to visit the training center.

Do you have a contact email or address for this.

I believe it is located in Global Yard.

Cheers

maxcomdive@gmail.com

zebedee
    Participant

Hello to all that have been posting on this topic,

I have been working for OI for 5 years on a regular rotation 4 and 4, I have always been treated very well within the company and find this news about whats happenning in India disturbing.
    Its certainly not the OI company i know, Does anyone know if they are having to use an agency to employ the staff as this is generally what happens in africa, the agency takes the guys pay and doesn’t pass it all on the the guys, NOTE this is not OI doing this, they have to use agency’s becuase of tax and employment law restraints.

I should mention that i am a brit. not that this should matter !!!!

OI does spend alot of money on training their staff and this is an ongoing training scheme, I personally have had over Gbp 20000 spent in the last 18 months on supervisor training so as you can appriciate they do want loyal staff and not just people hoping for fast advancment in the industry.

I hope this doesn’t sound like I have no sympothy for you guys but OI is not a bad company.

Savante
    Participant

I personally have had over Gbp 20000 spent in the last 18 months on supervisor training.

20k eh? On what ?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

G,

I hope you didn’t hurt your jaw as it hit the floor!!!

Zebedee,

20K!!!! Pah! Someone is avin’ ye on lad! Was spelling included?

Anonymous

Hello to all that have been posting on this topic,

I have been working for OI for 5 years on a regular rotation 4 and 4, I have always been treated very well within the company and find this news about whats happenning in India disturbing.
    Its certainly not the OI company i know, Does anyone know if they are having to use an agency to employ the staff as this is generally what happens in africa, the agency takes the guys pay and doesn’t pass it all on the the guys, NOTE this is not OI doing this, they have to use agency’s becuase of tax and employment law restraints.

I should mention that i am a brit. not that this should matter !!!!

OI does spend alot of money on training their staff and this is an ongoing training scheme, I personally have had over Gbp 20000 spent in the last 18 months on supervisor training so as you can appriciate they do want loyal staff and not just people hoping for fast advancment in the industry.

I hope this doesn’t sound like I have no sympothy for you guys but OI is not a bad company.

HI
    So they spent 20000 so you could be a Supv, well they don’t need to do that in the companies i know, BTW maybe it’s the money they don’t pay you to get a decent day rate, (sorry if they pay OK now but they don’t use to do that)

Pankaj
    Participant

I saw your comment on "oceaneering’s need for bank guarantee and bond".
    I am just writing this to you because i m feeling discriminated by this management . I was one of the student of University of petroleum and energy studies,Rajahamundry,AP.I was selected there after giving written test and interview.I got the letter stating that you have to submit the bank guarantee(i knew that think earlier very clearly thats why went to mumbai for giving interview),medical,stcw and HUET certificates. I did all these courses and my 25,000 rs were spended on doing these couses and living there.Mine 5,000 rs were spended in preparing bank guarantee papers as i take the loan of 10 lakh for submitting bank guarantee.I have all the bills with me.I told these all things to management of oceaneering but still i am not getting any response they just telling me to wait. I scored more than 70 % marks in written and intervie and ranked 2 nd among the 9 person Who were there for ROV pilot tech which was going to be start from 15 june,2009.There was one person who ranked last and did’t able to score even 30 % was selected because that person submitted bank guarante without any query regarding terms and conditions.whereas some of our collegues asked and make queries about terms and conditions they rejected all of us.This thing is not fair . This has affected me and my career .

I want to know why you are not selecting me, they giving chance to other person. Earlier I told them I am waiting for this from past 2 – 3 months. I have lost 2 companies during my placement period in Apr – May.If they did’t want to take me why they select me.I have lost 2 MNCs because one who seleted in one is not allowed to sit in others. I have spended more than Rs 30,000 on doing courses, preparing medical, and on taking loan from bank for preparing bank guarantee. Still of knowing all these things they are selecting others over me and telling me to wait. I am feeling it very discriminated. How can the management of such a good company could be so harsh for the someone and hamper his career without any reason. This thing is not fair.They just telling me for rejection beacuse of other students of UPES who were making unnecessary queries.I don’t know those guys and I don’t know what they are telling what they are saying to others.how should i know these guys .

I need your response now

phenom
    Participant

Pankaj,

What kind of reponse you want???

Its all happening only in Oceaneering India. And only because of so called Boss of Oceaneering India ROV Pilots, [Name deleted by admin]

If you want to do something, this is the time… You got all the letters and etc.,

So go to a local court and file a case against Oceaneering India…Thats it…

akash verma
    Participant

This is in response to the reply by ROVKNIGHT and in support of ShoaibSheikh.

Guys Oceaneering in US is a good company, but in Asia it sucks. Big time… Only because of Mr Parmjit Singh Nayyar. Andy Atkinson his boss is a good guy but somehow he is scared of Nayyar.

Go through the case of how Nayyar was chucked out (jailed & court martialled) of the Indian Navy below, and let me know how such a person can head the India division of Oceaneering, go to the link below:

http://indiankanoon.org/doc/1739680/

thomas
    Participant

I have watched this thread all day and have been itching to respond but I thought Id wait awhile and see what happens………and it did.

Gents,
    This is a prime reason why we should band together, with all nationallities, to stop these crazy companies in their tracks.

Who are OI to decide that they will increase their profits by paying money that is less than my bill for dogfood.

Please take note all managers from OI and other companies using this feeble excuse to make more profit,If……….If, This association comes together you will either join with us in implementing proper rates for personell, NOT based on their point of origin but based on IROV rules,or you will find yourselves scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for personel.

Your day of using properly qualified people for buttons is numbered.

You cannot operate without experienced ROV people.If we get together then your profits will disappear,please take note that this is not a threat ,this is a promise.

All personell promoting and reading this thread ,please register your support for the IROVA,yes thats INTERNATIONAL ROV ASSOCIATION.No one in this world will help you against this except us if we can get the numbers up and challenge them.

To OI and other companies thinking the same ,these days are numbered.

Register your support of the International Remote Operated Vehicle Association as follows.

register@IROVA.org

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar