Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Oceaneering India – 7 year bond and bank guaranteee needed!

Oceaneering India – 7 year bond and bank guaranteee needed!

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Oceaneering India – 7 year bond and bank guaranteee needed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    shohebshaikh
    Participant

Hi All,

Everybody knows how big a company Oceeneing is.
    But wait till you read this.
    I am sure a lot of you Indian ROV personnel might already know about this.
    I called the Oceaneering office a few months back.
    I was asked to send an email about all my queries.
    When I wrote to them enquiring about a job for a ROV pilot the reply I got was.

"To join Oceaneering you need to submit a bank guarantee of Rs 15,00,000 valid for seven and half years and a service bond of 7 years."

This means that they want us to give them a bank guarantee of approx $31,600 which is a very huge amount for someone like me.

I dont know hoe they expect someone to shell out so much money when they are trying to start a career.. The day rates they give are also pretty low . How can anyone be expected to work for seven years at very low day rates.

I don’t know how oceaneering operates in other parts of the globe but it is impossible to get a job at Oceaneering in India for some one like me.

phenom
    Participant

Shoheb,

I agreed….

I’ve contacted Mr.Nayyar, Oceaneering Head, India b4 6 months. He told me the same thing.

Coming to the day rate…Itz crap…they pay USD 29 / OFFSHORE DAY for Pilot Tech.

And I’m pretty sure that this is happening only in Oceaneering India.

If I have that much money($33000)…Its more than enough to start a very good business here in my town…!!!

JL Schnabel
    Participant

This sounds unbelievable 😯 ❗ ❗

It nearly – no it actually does, remind me of this scam, where you have to pay a so called agency a certain amount first, to enable you to join the company you think you have applied with (mean while, the scam agency has just duplicated the webpage which has thus directed the career seekers to them – it happened to me, but of course when the required agency fee was mentioned I realised what was going on πŸ‘Ώ )

I started with Oceaneering in early 2005 as a trainee and was receiving exactly u$100 / day offshore; standby and travel was half that. No retainer fee or West Africa bonus. Country of origin : South Africa.

venki and shohebshaikh, are you able to provide a link referring to this Oceaneering policy – that’s if it’s an official one… πŸ™„

shohebshaikh
    Participant

Hi DavidClark,

i dont have a link but i have an email from oeaneering stating the same..

the exact email was

"To join Oceaneering you need to submit a bank guarantee of 15 Lakh valid for seven and half years and a service bond of 7 years."

phenom
    Participant

David,

Thanks for the reply…

There is no official link for the above stated…

But I got an email from Parmjit Singh Nayyar, Oceaneering, stating that

""" from Parmjit Singh Nayyar <pnayyar>
    to venkatesh s <venkateshseeramsetti>
    date Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 10:15 PM
    subject Re: ROV PILOT RESUME

hide details 6/1/08 Reply

To join Oceaneering you need to sign a bond of seven years and submit a bank guarantee of 15 Lakhs valid for seven and half years.

"""

Hmmm….Thats the reply I got from Nayyar….

James McLauchlan
    Participant

People

I seem to remember that many years back there was a divers uni0n in India. Does it still exist? If so contact them and see if they are looking to take on more members or even start an ROV branch. This does sound like illegal practice but I am not a lawyer so maybe some local legal advice needs to be sought. Surely this must break Indian labour laws?

JL Schnabel
    Participant

Thank you venki and shohebshaikh – you both quoted the same.

The whole thing still 😯 amazes 😯 me…

phenom
    Participant

James,

Thanks for the reply….

It seems that divers union India is no longer exist.

We are thinking about a new branch in India.

Can you please advise us for further step.

phenom
    Participant

David,

Its true….

Hmmmm wat 2 do???

Kalbo
    Participant

I doesn’t surprise me that somebody is doing that in India, having been working here the last 2 years India is indeed very corrupt and full of people after a quick buck at the expense of others….
    It must surely be a scam.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

James,

Thanks for the reply….

It seems that divers union India is no longer exist.

We are thinking about a new branch in India.

Can you please advise us for further step.

The best thing you can do is speak with those that run a uni0n in your country and they will advise the mechanism. It may be that there is already a seaman’s uni0n in existence who’s organisers may be able to assist.

jagdish singh
    Participant

Hi All,

I am a ROV staff with Oceaneering I know crew have to sign a bond and provided Bank Guarantee. Let me explain

It is not that anyone who signs the bond or provides bank guarantee can join Oceaneering.

There is a detailed written interview and then oral interview. Only candidates with more than 70% marks are selected.

Oceaneering then provides training for next 8 months in its India base as well as in Batam. Then they are introduces to ROV on rigs.

Earlier Oceaneering was not taking any Bank Guarantee or bond but because some guys left it after training this process was started.

Oceaneering provides steady employment irrespective of market conditions and does not lay off.
    It provides on shore as well as offshore pay.
    The money offered by Oceaneering is as per the standard of living in the country of origin and the money provided to Indian staff is equivalent to highest scales as per Indian industry.

In addition to pay the crew are also given many benefits such as once in a year free travel for family and lap top.
    Every Year 13.33% of our gross pay is added to a scheme called gratuity and this is paid to anyone who stays with Oceaneering for 7 years.
    And by the way those who submit Bank Guarantee put this money in fixed deposit in bank and then get BG by keeping these with banks as security. After expiry of BG these fixed deposits will be doubled because of the interest earned. So they in fact make money on this as well as by then they will have excellent jobs.
    Lastly whenever an employee has any personal problem no effort is spared to help him.

digitellus
    Participant

Brain washed…..shame on you

T-Boy
    Participant

The money offered by Oceaneering is as per the standard of living in the country of origin and the money provided to Indian staff is equivalent to highest scales as per Indian industry.

ROV Guys ask youself this simple question…Does a Sub Eng from India do the same job as a Sub Eng from any other part of the world? πŸ™„

I know most, if not all companies use this discriminatory ‘well it’s cheap to live where you come from’ bull, that is, until guys finally realise they are being screwed and start to leave….then, and only then, the pay starts to harmonise across the board.

ROVKNIGHT
    You have certainly done OI no favours at all by showing them in their TRUE light….I am suprised that you have any employees. πŸ‘Ώ

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Down tools!!! JW, take note!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar