Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Oceaneering India – 7 year bond and bank guaranteee needed!

Oceaneering India – 7 year bond and bank guaranteee needed!

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Oceaneering India – 7 year bond and bank guaranteee needed!

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Joel
    Participant

This is in response to the reply by ROVKNIGHT and in support of ShoaibSheikh.

Guys Oceaneering in US is a good company, but in Asia it sucks. Big time… Only because of Mr Parmjit Singh Nayyar. Andy Atkinson his boss is a good guy but somehow he is scared of Nayyar.

Go through the case of how Nayyar was chucked out (jailed & court martialled) of the Indian Navy below, and let me know how such a person can head the India division of Oceaneering, go to the link below:

http://indiankanoon.org/doc/1739680/

So good old Mr Singh he is liking a bit of white chicken isnt it, dat is what am thinking isnt it. Whats wrong with that?
    Good for him I say, good ole pusser attitude never did any harm 😆 😆

akash verma
    Participant

Its not Nayyar’s private affairs which matter (he has a few running now as it is…), its the holier than thou attitude, and his way of recruiting all his family and friends within oceaneering at extremely high positions and awful amount of money which stinks… I will not name names, but all you need to do is to see who all he has recruited under himself, whereas he was the person referring them in the first place. I bet they do not need to provide bank bonds!!!

thomas
    Participant

info@IROVA.org for general questions

register@IROVA.org for membership registration.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

….. I will not name names, but all you need to do is to see who all he has recruited under himself, whereas he was the person referring them in the first place. I bet they do not need to provide bank bonds!!!

I understand your frustration and I am sure that Oceaneering USA would not want this practice to be overly exposed. Eventually it probably will be though.. hence the reference above to IROVA which, should it come to fruition, may well be in a position to tackle such indecent ways of doing business. I would add however that that will not happen overnight as the Association does not exist yet, and even it if did there would be along way to go before it could intervene is such matters. The formation of which is being looked into, by a founder member, behind the scenes as I write.

I would suggest people keep updating the thread on OI’s actions in India and it may well be picked up by another form of media and exposed that way.

ROV_VALLEY_COMMANDO
    Participant

Anyone that says OI treats there staff good are talking b******s (my humble opinion ofcourse) Americans working in the GOM may beleive that but 99% of them don’t know any better, and as for Brits that I know working for them in the dark continent, rates are crap, 50% travel days or even worse nothing for travel, uplifts scrapped and loads leaving, and they have some propper muppets attempting to run vessels/drill support contracts.
    And what they are doing with the Indians, nuff said!!
    No one with a good background trying to get into ROV’s or someone who has been in the industry a few years should be working for them, OI is for brainwashed Americans and muppets and they have always been renowned for that, anyone worth there salt get out at the first opperchancity.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

IROVA@yahoo.com

If you are capable and/or qualified & capable register and stay tuned for further developments.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

With regard to the above email address, here is an update

IROVA now has a domain name.

You can email the fledgling International ROV Association via:

info@IROVA.org
    For general inquiries

register@IROVA.org
    For registration and membership inquiries.

jerryo48
    Participant

Oceaneering provides steady employment irrespective of market conditions and does not lay off.

BALLS
    I started with Oceaneering in Aberdeen when they took on 24 trainees in the year
    Following end of NOV 18 of us were laid off just on the run up to Xmas
    Just loved them!!

Sudhir Mittal
    Participant

Hi All,

I am a ROV staff with Oceaneering I know crew have to sign a bond and provided Bank Guarantee. Let me explain

It is not that anyone who signs the bond or provides bank guarantee can join Oceaneering.

There is a detailed written interview and then oral interview. Only candidates with more than 70% marks are selected.

Oceaneering then provides training for next 8 months in its India base as well as in Batam. Then they are introduces to ROV on rigs.

Earlier Oceaneering was not taking any Bank Guarantee or bond but because some guys left it after training this process was started.

Oceaneering provides steady employment irrespective of market conditions and does not lay off.
    It provides on shore as well as offshore pay.
    The money offered by Oceaneering is as per the standard of living in the country of origin and the money provided to Indian staff is equivalent to highest scales as per Indian industry.

In addition to pay the crew are also given many benefits such as once in a year free travel for family and lap top.
    Every Year 13.33% of our gross pay is added to a scheme called gratuity and this is paid to anyone who stays with Oceaneering for 7 years.
    And by the way those who submit Bank Guarantee put this money in fixed deposit in bank and then get BG by keeping these with banks as security. After expiry of BG these fixed deposits will be doubled because of the interest earned. So they in fact make money on this as well as by then they will have excellent jobs.
    Lastly whenever an employee has any personal problem no effort is spared to help him.

Oceaneering provides steady employment irrespective of market conditions and does not lay off…. IT’S A BIG LIE… I KNOW PLENTY OF GUYS FROM OI–INDIA, INCLUDING ME, WHO ARE LAID OFF.. AND YET TO GET MY BALANCE 13.33% AFTER I GOT LAID OFF..

liddelljohn
    Participant

OI in india use the old technique of the 1880s Brazilian rubber barons , bonded debt slavery ,,,,,,,you end up paying the company to live .

Roy Simson
    Participant

This is nothing new as back in the seventies the divers working for OI worked just for the board and keep in the Dubai staff house . In the end its all down to what people will or wont accept .

Sudhir Mittal
    Participant

OI in india use the old technique of the 1880s Brazilian rubber barons , bonded debt slavery ,,,,,,,you end up paying the company to live .

Absolutely Right..

JL Schnabel
    Participant

Makes one wonder why this does not happen in Norway for example

😡

Sudhir Mittal
    Participant

Makes one wonder why this does not happen in Norway for example

😡

may be in your country people follow Ethics and company policies and they are not above company.. You Lucky my friend.. Cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar