Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Oceaneering Interview advice

Oceaneering Interview advice

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Oceaneering Interview advice

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Rosser Barnett
    Participant

Hey Slappy.

I’ve not heard anything as of yet. I’m still hoping.
    I think they are having a couple of weeks worth of interviews and then will be making their choices from there.
    As far as the interview goes, it’s pretty much straight forward get to know a little more about you.
    The types of questions that are in the "NEW HIRE" book are things like coversions from "lbs – ftlbs and so on.
    It all depends on what you are best at.
    Good luck dude.

Nathan Rusden
    Participant

Hello bud, i have been trying to pm you but doesnt seem to work. With ref to new hire book, how did you get hold of that? I have been contacted through Dubai office saying that i won’t hear anything until August , fingers crossed i will. What did they say about starting money , training/ location etc, pm me if you prefer, Any intel would be great, Good luck mate

Johnny Bravo
    Participant

Got email this morning with an offer of a position as a ROV trainee… if you had an interview last week you should be hearing soon if you havent already lads.

Rosser Barnett
    Participant

I very sadly got rejected.

Ben B
    Participant

damn, don’t give up Ross3r!

I got an email today from Oceaneering Dubai asking to schedule a phone interview, pretty stoked!

I come from an IT background and have basic knowledge of electronics/hydraulics etc.

If anyone else here has had a phone interview with Oceaneering can they please shed some light on any questions they may ask as I want to be as prepared as best I can

thanks in advance guys!

cheers 😀

grant lindsay
    Participant

Hi folks,

My first post on here but the forum has served me really well. if you take in what has being said over and over about rtff then you can get places.

I an now in the final stages of the interview process with oceaneering, had the telephone interview from Dubai, really just a chat with the operations manager to see how keen you are, a bit about what your experience is and he will give you a heads up about what you will be letting yourself into, he well also speak about wages, training etc. a week or two after the telephone interview I was sent an email to compete an online knowledge test, this is 115 multiple choice questions covering electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, programming and general technical questions. I can’t give any further info on what to revise than the general topics as A) it wouldn’t be fair & B) if you do not already possess the required knowledge there is no way of teaching yourself enough of this without years of study, it really is an in depth test that will soon sort out the blaggers. they don’t expect you to know everything but enough to know you have a sufficiently technical background.

I am now waiting tensely for my results, think I have handled it well but won’t know until they get back to me.

Big thanks to everyone that posted previously, your advice and experience was invaluable to me getting this far.

Fingers crossed! ! !

John Bridgett
    Participant

Very best of luck, hope it works out well, thanks for the heads up re the process.

J

grant lindsay
    Participant

Hi folks,

Following my previous post about me being in the final stages of the interview process I havn’t heard anything back, apart from the day after I got an email saying they will be in touch as soon as possible with the results and they thank me for my patience. That has been nearly 3 weeks now, would anyone recommend chasing up? Or should I just wait for them to get in touch with me? Driving me nuts! Also does anyone know if oceaneering send rejection letters, I just want to know either way.

Thanks

Gareth
    Participant

Personally I’d say always chase up any interview you go for, I used to hate doing it but it does seem to get results. One thing I would say though is if you do get the job, get used to having to chase everything up, the communication side of Oceaneering is atrocious.

grant lindsay
    Participant

Thanks Gareth,

I’m going to chase up but will wait until Tuesday as that will be 3 weeks exactly and I seen on here a previous post saying they took 3 weeks to the day to get back to a guy. here’s hoping.

Cheers

Nathan Rusden
    Participant

I had the same email, said they were going to interview me in August. Waited and waited then got an email saying they have reviewed the cvs and then went on to say there were no vacancies ????

Comms were rubbish and the email was a cut and paste job which made no sense at all — a taste of things to come ?!

Did ask for feedback on my cv and they sent me a email with the oceaneering website link ??

Good luck mate

Gareth
    Participant

Sounds about right Charlie!

grant lindsay
    Participant

That’s brutal Charlie. Not very professional. Had you had the telephone interview and online knowledge test also?

We just gotta keep trying and we’ll get there eventually.

Nathan Rusden
    Participant

No mate didnt get that far , I have interviews with other firms thankfully

Jesery
    Participant

Hi Gareth, just want to ask how did you applied for an PILOT trainee in oceaneering? do you have contacts inside? I don’t see any information on their website. Thanks, just asking for information.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar