Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Offshore Jackets and pipelines Inspection by ROV

Offshore Jackets and pipelines Inspection by ROV

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Offshore Jackets and pipelines Inspection by ROV

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    emad
    Participant

I have a few questions about GVI of offshore platform’s jackets and pipelines.

1. which item should be considered during inspection of Jackets?
    2. Is it possible to inspect the jackets with ROV?
    3. Is it important that the ROV has DP2 option? What kind of limitation has the ROV with DP1 technology?
    4. Is it possible to calculate CP voltage of pipeline at same time of GI of them?

Thanks guys

Ray Shields
    Participant

3. Is it important that the ROV has DP2 option? What kind of limitation has the ROV with DP1 technology?
    4. Is it possible to calculate CP voltage of pipeline at same time of GI of them?

Thanks guys

1. Look at the jackets as you inspect them
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. No, you measure it, not calculate it.

You’re welcome!

emad
    Participant

thanks a lot, another question, when we need the DP2 technology?

Thanks guys

1. Look at the jackets as you inspect them
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. No, you measure it, not calculate it.

You’re welcome!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

thanks a lot, another question, when we need the DP2 technology?

DP2 is vessel, not ROV, related. Read up on Dynamic Positioning and you’ll see why.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Two posts were deleted from this thread as they were deemed inappropriate by an admin.

If the posters have any issues with this please send me a PM.

Having reviewed the thread if I thought the OP was attempting a wind up the whole thread would go also, as would the OP’s account.

Ioseba Tena
    Participant

We have done a lot of work on DP for ROV systems. In our system we can process data from a multibeam sonar to improve jobs like riser inspections by providing station-keeping relative to the target riser. If you are interested I recommend you look at our website: http://www.seebyte.com

James McLauchlan
    Participant

We have done a lot of work on DP for ROV systems. In our system we can process data from a multibeam sonar to improve jobs like riser inspections by providing station-keeping relative to the target riser. If you are interested I recommend you look at our website: http://www.seebyte.com

Maybe you can answer the OP’s question on DP.

…which, based on the scant knowledge the OP appeared to have on the subject of subsea inspection, I assumed it be vessel related.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar