Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Offshore ROV CV Layout

Offshore ROV CV Layout

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Offshore ROV CV Layout

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Dryden
    Participant

Hi

Does anyone have any good links to examples of, or guides to constructing an offshore CV.

Nearing end of FdEng Subsea Engineering at Newcastle College Energy Academy, just completed PT1 fastback at MTCS and am booking some flying hours in to get more evidence of relevant competencies into my ROV Log Book.

However…. am well aware that any speculative CV’s I’v sent out in the past / CVs asking for feedback have been good, but I am not sure if they are in the right format / listing the right skill set. I do have a ‘theoretical knowledge of’ section where I list all ROV systems I have experienced, and electronics here but when there are 2,000 applicants for like 10 jobs, Im aware mine may not be the format they are looking for.

Alternatively, are there any supervisors who might have time to give me feedback on my CV, this would also be a huge help.

I appreciate most people are really busy on here so any replies are valued

Cheers

Jonny

Ryan gay
    Participant

What does a PT1 fastback entail?

Jonathan Dryden
    Participant

A typo…. PT1 Fastrack, recently updated to Workclass ROV Tech Course

Ryan gay
    Participant

They will still only employ you as a trainee because you don’t have the experience. Have you thought about pursuing subsea engineering it’s a more lucrative career choice with better opportunities of actually getting a job in the industry.

Ray Shields
    Participant

I take it you didn’t bother reading through this site or the FAQs on it then?

Jonathan Dryden
    Participant

Yeah I did, but every thread I click on seems peppered with negative responses, funny that.

deepseacon
    Participant

Hello Jonny I will take a look for you if you want send me your e-mail in private message i will send you mine on reply.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Well you may notice there is a section on the faq on how to layout your cv

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar