Home Forums Safety, Survival Courses & Medicals Offshore Safety/Survival Courses Offshore Survival Courses Thailand

Offshore Survival Courses Thailand

Home Forums Safety, Survival Courses & Medicals Offshore Safety/Survival Courses Offshore Survival Courses Thailand

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    subman
    Participant

Can someone tell me were in Thailand they do offshore Survival Courses or do I go down to MSTS in Johor Bahru.

Cheers

Subman

ChrisBye
    Participant
    ChrisBye
    Participant
    Gino
    Participant

This is a bit of a mystery to me and I wonder if somebody can elaborate?
    Having worked for Mermaid on and off for a couple of years, I Emailed Personnel and asked about these courses. I was told that they only do 3.4u Inspection and Diver’s u/w welding, NDT Etc. and not Offshore Survival Courses for us ROV types.

I would like this sorted out as it looks kind of misleading to me. Has anybody done an Offshore Survival Course here?

mudflap276
    Participant

i was talking to them about inspection certs and looking over the website. i dont remember seeing survival on there. i eneded up having to go to Petrofac to get my OPITO

Gino
    Participant

This is a quote from the TWI website

"On the same site Mermaid also runs marine safety and offshore survival courses"

Seems a bit misleading to me. Obviously not Offshore Survival Courses as we know it?

Spacer
    Participant

I did the further offshore training at MOG Industry Training In Sriracha. They were not opito certified at that time but they gave me a certificate and a safety passport. So far no problems getting to work.

Gino
    Participant

Thanks for that Spacer. Will check it out and maybe pass on any relevant info. Cheers, Gino

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

There was some talk of TWI running some Gulf of Thailand oil company’s offshore safety courses and I’m thinking that the person who built the website probably wasn’t told to remove that bit from the site. No folks, there are no OPTITO accredited Safety Courses there. Us guys who live in Thailand actually go down to Malaysia or Singapore for our approved courses.

Gino
    Participant

MOGIT did get back to me eventually. They do the BOSIET courses up at Sriracha, all the usual stuff like HUET, firefighting, first-aid. Works out about 10,000 Baht a day. Probably OK for most Asia work and other places. I need a 2 day refresher for my UKOOA Cert, so will probably do it back in UK, as I’m back there now and the price difference doesn’t look like it would have made it worthwhile to do in the sunny place. 💡

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar