Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Opinion: Rates of Subsea 7 and/or i-Tech ROV Techs

Opinion: Rates of Subsea 7 and/or i-Tech ROV Techs

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Opinion: Rates of Subsea 7 and/or i-Tech ROV Techs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rcorkren
    Participant

Please make a quick note… I would like to know how we size up. If you have numbers… that would be great.

oil_based
    Participant

rcorkren

If you work in the Houston office I am sure you are aware of the ITECH offshore personnel that have left due to better offers.

I know a sub eng that was working for ITECH Houston who has just left.
    His dollar rate was matched buy technip in pounds. Do the math and that is double.

I don’t know the exact numbers involved but my friend told me ITECH told him he was at the top bracket for Sub eng pay in Houston and they could not give him more.

He did not leave the company just for peanuts, he left for double the money.

I also know that he was very happy working with the team there in houston. Great support, very accommodating and flexable. He said the progect manger neil frances was first class.

So on the money side i would say you don’t size up to well. Lets face it, its all abvout the money at the end of the day

Bacaruda
    Participant
    Anonymous

rcorkren

If you work in the Houston office I am sure you are aware of the ITECH offshore personnel that have left due to better offers.

I know a sub eng that was working for ITECH Houston who has just left.
    His dollar rate was matched buy technip in pounds. Do the math and that is double.

I don’t know the exact numbers involved but my friend told me ITECH told him he was at the top bracket for Sub eng pay in Houston and they could not give him more.

He did not leave the company just for peanuts, he left for double the money.

I also know that he was very happy working with the team there in houston. Great support, very accommodating and flexable. He said the progect manger neil frances was first class.

So on the money side i would say you don’t size up to well. Lets face it, its all abvout the money at the end of the day

Ah so thats where the "black Scotsman" ended up…

midworld08
    Participant

The way to work in Houston, is not to be on the Houston pay roll and work via GEC, and have your rates fixed in Scotland. Its not so hard. GEC is part of SS7, and resides in Singapore.
    I worked there for years, it was only the travel that got to me. Most of the local chaps did leave, around the middle of this year (07) and went to Superior Diving, for almost double the pay. I know of more who are leaving now. Not much happening there right now anyway…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar