Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Pilot/tech Kick-off!?

Pilot/tech Kick-off!?

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Pilot/tech Kick-off!?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DJay
    Participant

Am attending Pilot/tech course with Subnet in the philippines. Will be finishing the course on the 2nd of May.
    Anyone recommend a good agency that will make an effort to get me started?

DJay
    Participant

Have just read most of newbie postings and replies… ready… one… two… three…. who’s gonna have a go at me first?

Come on guys, we’re looking for a bit of enthusiastic support. I worked my way through the yachting industry for 7 years, and hell man was that tough enough to get into.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Yachting? Thats sailing aboat. Whats that got to do with ROVs? Have you any technical (Electronics/electrical/hydraulics) experience?

See my reply re. who to apply for jobs after doing Philippines course..

Stephen Black
    Participant

Perhaps Ray should visit the Marina at Peterhead and take a look around some of the larger ocean going yachts. Might find the odd Radio, Sat phone, engine managment system, ROV etc They have even been know to have small ROVs onboard

Ray Shields
    Participant

Perhaps Ray should visit the Marina at Peterhead and take a look around some of the larger ocean going yachts. Might find the odd Radio, Sat phone, engine managment system, ROV etc They have even been know to have small ROVs onboard

May be, but is that the kind he works on and what work does he do on there (could be the galley!).

DJay
    Participant

ray, I was working on a 65 meter superyacht, based in Monaco. Position of 2nd engineer. Did some time in the galley as a matter of fact!

rigwash
    Participant

[Come on guys, we’re looking for a bit of enthusiastic support. I worked my way through the yachting industry for 7 years, and hell man was that tough enough to get into.]

yeah must of been hell sipping all those pink gins on the poop deck

Anonymous

"and hell man was that tough enough to get into"

Wait till you try and get a job in rov! the rovs schools are churning out lots of guys every week,

best of luck though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar