Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Pilot/technician pros and cons

Pilot/technician pros and cons

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Pilot/technician pros and cons

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brendan hermitage
    Participant

Hello,
    I recently left the army two weeks ago and took any job i could which is a field service technician, i start on monday after two months of trying to get into the oil and as industry, now today i have been offered an interview with a leading offshore company as a trainee rov pilot/ technician, so what im asking is what are the pros and cons of working in the rov industry, i dont mind working away as i know you can get good time off aswell, if
    Succesful in the interview i will be leaving a well payed job that i think il enjoy and i dont want to start in the industry to find out its not for me and beg for my old job back lol, so any info of a day to day role would
    Be very helpful and any other info would be great to , cheers
    Brendan

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Brendan.

Have a read through the forum. Especially the rookie section. This type of question has been asked/answered very often here in the past by ex-military types.

I would suggest that your annual income offshore would be far in excess of the current job you have, if that is of any help.
    Count on working away about 180 days a year (average) and the rest of time doing whatever you want.

As an ex-squaddie (I am too) you’d slot right in.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar