Home Forums General General Board Piss-testing for ROV personnel?

Piss-testing for ROV personnel?

Home Forums General General Board Piss-testing for ROV personnel?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dannypoopoo
    Participant

well this is actually a serious question; is ROV personnel required to hand in the piss-cup? All companies? Cheers

dannypoopoo
    Participant

anybody know?

Anonymous

Hi
    Some are and i know for sure.

Robert Keith
    Participant

Random drug testing has existed in the States for over 20 years due to D.O.T. regs for pipeline inspections; therefore inspectors.

In recent times, HR/Safety Departments of all kinds have adopted this philosophy to meet ever-increasing client requirements to work on their projects; world-wide.

So, . . . put the bong down.

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

well this is actually a serious question; is ROV personnel required to hand in the piss-cup? All companies? Cheers

Usually this is taken into account when you do your medical (every 2 years for everyone these days).

However, contractors ROV/Survey/Inspection have been asked to take drugs/alcohol test in the past, this is usually preceded by a heads up from the company prior to the event. Good image for the company when everyone is clean 😀 .

Although if you fly out to work via chopper you could be breathalysed before you get through to boarding, if they think you’re still a bit drunk from the night before.

waynemb17
    Participant

If you have nothing to hide whats the problem??????
    At the end of the day its busy so they wont do them, wait till it goes quiet and piss tests will be a plenty again.That way they wont have to pay redundencies etc

dannypoopoo
    Participant

If you have nothing to hide whats the problem??????
    At the end of the day its busy so they wont do them, wait till it goes quiet and piss tests will be a plenty again.That way they wont have to pay redundencies etc

Yeah the states are known for this, but does anybody know how it’s become in European companies? Has it become more evened out with the states due to the global jobs etc? Not many would show up intoxicated but I know for a fact a lot of people like to have fun in their time off… rightt:.!

Anonymous

I know for a fact a lot of people like to have fun in their time off… rightt:.!

Dont have to much fun 😉 do you "need" it to have fun ❓

TEAMJBR
    Participant

Just last year had a piss tests with prior warning on boat and rig with what seems like the mandatory chopper breath test in Baku of which I was pre warned and told to not drink on the plane if you have an early flight to the rig!!
    I work for Oceaneering but these two tests were on behalf of BP and McDermotts respectively as a whole personnel program!!

Its getting more regular these days you have been warned!

yeeyo
    Participant

I think they should leave the offshore guys alone, and do there tests on a friday afternoon in the office…. 😀

Anonymous

Random drug testing has existed in the States for over 20 years due to D.O.T. regs for pipeline inspections; therefore inspectors.

In recent times, HR/Safety Departments of all kinds have adopted this philosophy to meet ever-increasing client requirements to work on their projects; world-wide.

So, . . . put the bong down.

HMMMM i wonder if that is the RJK from Singapore i used to know…….

David Grant
    Participant

Speed – would help to get a reterm done faster.

Coke – would help every talk at the tool box meetings.

Ecstacy – when you have to go straight on shift after traveling for 2 days.

Dope – would help some supervisors to chill out.

dannypoopoo
    Participant

Speed – would help to get a reterm done faster.

Coke – would help every talk at the tool box meetings.

Ecstacy – when you have to go straight on shift after traveling for 2 days.

Dope – would help some supervisors to chill out.

word 😆

i don’t see what the fuss is about.. its nice to hook up with mary jane on your time off… it’s not hurting anyone..

temp
    Participant

dannypoopoo

Maybe not, although there is some research and evidence suggesting long-term use can cause psychosis, amongst other effects bad for your health.

So, even though what you may get up to in your own time is your own business, there may possibly be side-effects of various drugs (including heavy alcohol use) which could affect your behaviour several days later on whilst at work.

I personally would not like to be on deck with someone operating the crane who has paranoid or schizo interludes. Mind you it’s hard to tell, as there are plenty of people offshore who are like that without any recreational drug use!

temp

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar