Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions PROBLEMS WITH SCHILLING ORION 7P

PROBLEMS WITH SCHILLING ORION 7P

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions PROBLEMS WITH SCHILLING ORION 7P

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RAMON
    Participant

Hi to all:

I have some problems with the schilling orion 7 functions manipulator.
    When I start the marter controller, the jaw open unattended, and sometimes the same with the wirst jaw.
    And finally, sometimes when i switch off the master, the wirst pitch fell and no keep position.

Somebody can help me?

Regards and thanks

PLAYA

Kalbo
    Participant

rtFm ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Salee
    Participant

Re-set the arm configuration.(by the manual) ๐Ÿ˜ฏ !!!

Mr W
    Participant

Have you found the problem yet?

Mike Kidd
    Participant

will swop for a conan that works, but you can keep the mirster controller (what ever that is) ๐Ÿ˜•

RAMON
    Participant

hI TO ALL:

Thanks for yor replys. I restart the program in the master controller to the factory settings, but i continue with the same, when the arm start, sometimes the jaw apens up.
    And that itยดs the problem, only sometimes……
    to be continued…

THANKS

Col
    Participant

Don’t know much about Conans, but if it similar to a Schilling check the feedback settings in the master arm, see if they are stable when the arm is frozen / stowed. It sounds like either:

1) Water in the resolvers/comp oil. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

or maybe:

2) Jaw set to toggle, and a problem in the master arm shorting to open.

andyrose
    Participant

I joined a vessel with a vehicle that had some really odd problems with its Orion. The wrist rotate, jaw and forearm functions seemed to have a mind of their own.

We tried all the obvious stuff. It then became apparent that there had been a problem during mob and the vehicle hydraulics had been overpressurised. Somehow this had transferred to the arm and blown a series of seals in the forearm manifold.

The forearm has a stack of (I think) 9 seals and back up rings that act like a hydraulic slipring (rotary valve I guess) and allow the hydraulic fluid to pass through the rotating joint. Five of these seals had been distorted and allowing fluid to take the line of least resistance and move whatever it could.

Maybe you have a similar situation.

It really is a workshop job as it is not much fun on the back end of a ship.

Andy

RAMON
    Participant

Thanks for all, the problem was over:

We opened the control POD and changed the control board of the function and after this everything OK.
    Sorry about the delay of the replay.

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar