Home Forums ROV ROV Work – Operator Requirements Projects in China.

Projects in China.

Home Forums ROV ROV Work – Operator Requirements Projects in China.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    ROVRatt
    Participant

Chris/Chen

I am offshore right now and if I did not have internet I could not have transferred my Pounds into my Euro bank account. I would have lost a lot of money. Come to think of it, I would have been blissfully unaware of the Pound seeing its arse and would only have found out once I came ashore.

So you still believe we don’t need modern comms offshore? Please answer my question regarding how long you personally go without comms.

chen
    Participant

Chris/Chen

I am offshore right now and if I did not have internet I could not have transferred my Pounds into my Euro bank account. I would have lost a lot of money. Come to think of it, I would have been blissfully unaware of the Pound seeing its arse and would only have found out once I came ashore.

So you still believe we don’t need modern comms offshore? Please answer my question regarding how long you personally go without comms.

without the internet: anything up to 10 or 12 weeks at a time. Money is another matter and if you hadnt changed the pounds you would not have lost anything becuase you would still have had the same numberof pounds.

Oldschool
    Participant

Chen (Chris Barclay),

Earlier this year while on the Huafa, I had the memorable opportunity to bypass half-way through a sail to Chiwan for a cold one to come and cut a flow line for you first.

Your fat arse room temp. IQ "Construction Supt." (D.O.) that can’t walk a single flight of stairs without the aide of 2 Chinese deck hands and a 1 hour nap to recover after such an arduous journey was most impressive. Your "coordination" with him was such that my techs removed an 18" Diamond Wire Cutter Machine (DWCM) from the ROV for the sail to Shekou. Half-way there you call for our "assistance." Then after arrival, oh,,,duh…let’s put the DWCM back on the sub.

The O.I. ROVs on your vessel couldn’t find their arses WITH THE LIGHTS ON and expressed their complete and total disgust with the project because of your f-ed up attitude and their desires to take their Swift Hybrids and pilot em right up your orifice. Yep, all ROVs types talk about the morons on the project on "other" radio channels when wankers fail to otherwise provide proper comms.

Yes, I called weather on you and took off (after making the cut in less than 4 hours from arrival to departure in 1/2 meter Vis.). I am still laughing that your fat boy rep on the Huafa had to call you on the sat phone crying about my call and that you actually thought that you had the authority to question my stop work call over the VHF…and the "give me permission" LMFAO!!!

Later, when the Chinese OWNER of your company offered me the top engineering position with your company (which I immediately declined) just after his overseeing the U.S. $10K your other "Construction Manager" paid me to not let him reside in a Chinese Prison for a cheap shot from behind; because your other fat boy couldn’t take the grief I gave back to his dumb arse, I had the pleasure to inform your boss just how pathetic your "engineering" actually is.

First, I have never heard of any moron from the beach or elsewhere decide to have an ROV (O.I. on your vessel) place "C" Clips on each flow line cut location ATTACHED THE FULL DISTANCE BETWEEN EACH END TO BE CUT BY BLUE POLY 1/2" ROPE 😯 😯 😯 ON AN ROV JOB!!! I guess rope and thrusters is outside the scope of your engineering comprehension, as you and "D.O." only grasp diving ops and not ROV work.

I really loved the 100 ton "ROV Friendly Hooks" you engineered throughout the entire NHTZ to FPSO flow line replacement project 😆 ! The only feat of engineering of greater brain strain was your designing a DUAL-HOOK spreader bar with RIGID dual D-Links attached to these "ROV friendly Hooks" to connect to choker slings wrapped around the flow lines to be recovered 😆 😆 Ooops, watching your guys on the 709 get covered with raw crude full of H2S, when the cut flow line was hauled on deck was actually a "Kodak Moment" of f-ing sit down on deck and giggle my arse silly" proportions 😈 Thanks for the awesome memories 😆

YEP, ENGINEERING TOTALLY RIGID DROP HOOKS FROM A SPREADER BAR THAT HAS TO BE PARKED IN (DEEP DEEP IN) THE MUD, BECAUSE YOUR VESSELS CAN’T HOLD DP OR UTILIZE HEAVE COMPENSATION ON A CRANE, really impressed me with your combined orifice engineering/offshore skills.

Yes, I am an @$$hole (to those who deserve to be treated so), but at least I know my job and yours 😉 and did tell everyone at CNOOC/COOEC that 90% of the "engineering" on your pathetic plan of operations were drawn on napkins and faxed over ship to ship on the fly. Yes, I did tear apart all of the total BS you called "engineering", redrew and rewrote tasks for the Chinese Client on the vessel and managed to get every task completed despite running off your fat boy idiot construction supv. and sending out some of the best email reviews of you guys ever written 😉

Too bad I had to call total work stoppage NUMEROUS times to get my way, but I refuse to tolerate unsafe, outright stupid engineering and matching attitudes from you guys to go with this.

BTW, my last "engineering project" (before returning to ROV Supt. work in Asia to get away from morons on the beach) was to first write EVERY ROV task from pre-commissioning through Commissioning of the entire Independence Hub Project for Anadarko Petroleum Corp/Independence Subsea Group, setting 13 world depth records in the GOM and to then go offshore as the lead client rep to oversee the execution of the taskings by 4 ROV Companies utilizing 6 vessels. I got a nice bonus when I finished and written atta-boys from 4 Energy Corporation CEOs.

So, what did you guys come away with from your projects? Oh yea…run off and your ONLY remaining barely/rarely operational ROV going up in flames when sitting on the 709 in Port Chiwan, right ❓ ROASTED MARSHMELLOWS ANYONE 😥

I just had to finally jump in on this thread and let everyone know that "Chen" is a legend and ROV authority only in his (all natural with no unhealthy additives…HONEST INJUN) Chinese food and drink influenced mind.

Sorry, but ONLY the guys doing the job offshore make the company the $$$. Engineers, HR types, Buyers, etc are a dime a dozen and WOULD NOT HAVE A JOB IF THE OFFSHORE HANDS SAID F U! It seems that a few companies, like DMT and Neptune, know this; their employees are content and their extremely low turn-over and endless inbox of CVs reflects this. While others (like your company Chen) and Global Ind. started up an ROV Division, f-ed over the ROV guys and now their stock is worth less than a roll of arse wipe 😀

Would love to see these types even try to get a job in the UK or GOM Sectors 😆 😆 😆

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Wow Oldschool 😯
    Nice to see someone with a pair of stainless steel bollocks 😀
    Cup of Rosey-Lea by chance 😀
    If we meet , the beers are on me 8)

Oldschool
    Participant

OK, "lostboy", there be chapter 2 in that "novel" you requested…LOL and I’ll take ya up on that offer…only Double JD on the rocks…

Cheers

Andy Shiers
    Participant

F#@k that , Just have a whole bottle ! 😀

Oldschool
    Participant

😯 FOOK THAT MATE 😯 ! The last time I consumed the entire 5th of JD, I got blind sucker punched from behind in Shekou at 4:30am.

That single "hit and run" cost Chen’s mate U.S. $10,000.00 to get out of jail free. He had to pay me cash right in front of the company owner…LMFAO!

Fook’s sake, at $10k per punch that I never even felt, I should head back to China for a few more rounds with these wankers 😆 While the cheap shot never even left a red spot, the falling onto a barstool and landing with the barstool rung into my shoulder did dislocate it and cause me some real pain and resulted in some nice prescribed meds for the pain for awhile 8)

If ya make it to Sing sometime lostboy, I’ll buy ya some cold ones at Bamboozed in Changi Village.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Your on ! 😀
    We’ll start with something medicore and work our way up 😀
    You only get into trouble with the company you keep 🙂
    We should have loads – a – fun 😀

ROVRatt
    Participant

Money is another matter and if you hadnt changed the pounds you would not have lost anything becuase you would still have had the same numberof pounds.

Thats OK if you live in the UK. Anywhere else in the world your Pound exchange rate compared to the Euro exchange rate means that you lose out heavily, about 30%!! Has living in China made your money savvy hazy as well?

Wow! Way to go Oldschool! If ever I make it out to Sing again you’re in for a drinking treat.

Chris/Chen, I suppose this means you will never answer my question regarding how long you go without comms?

Anonymous

Money is another matter and if you hadnt changed the pounds you would not have lost anything becuase you would still have had the same numberof pounds.

Thats OK if you live in the UK. Anywhere else in the world your Pound exchange rate compared to the Euro exchange rate means that you lose out heavily, about 30%!! Has living in China made your money savvy hazy as well?

Wow! Way to go Oldschool! If ever I make it out to Sing again you’re in for a drinking treat.

Chris/Chen, I suppose this means you will never answer my question regarding how long you go without comms?

ROVratt
    He did, look back

liddelljohn
    Participant

OLDSCHOOL……I hope i always work with people like u and not the clowns mentioned…..shit I probably know 20% as much as u have in your brain ..but i never fails to amuse me how fucked up some companies and their managers are ..do they never learn or are they arrogant dumb fuck Homer Simpsons?

I am old enough (50) and after 3 carreers Mech?elec tech / Telecoms, ROV I know one never stops learning how to do the job.,

misiuek
    Participant

liddelljohn you make me laugh,,

no point even answering your posts just look back at your earlier ones,,,

Posted Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:42 pm

ROV or Hydrographic survey?

i have been advised by many of my mates in the oil industry to go into ROV

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:00 pm

dazed and confused!

am a Trainee PT but have had several jobs

posted Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Pilot flying Hours

I have worked 2 years in ROV , can fix the damn things with my eyes shut , hundreds of hours on the winch …but on 22 hours piloting.

nuff said,

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Heh, heh… a few extra laff faces today dude…. Thx to Capn’ Jack (????)!!!

centurion
    Participant

There is two sides to every story!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar