Home Forums General General Board REPORTS COORDINATOR?????

REPORTS COORDINATOR?????

Home Forums General General Board REPORTS COORDINATOR?????

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hankcurly
    Participant

Can anyone please give me any info on whats needed to become a RC-Reports Cooridnator. Im a Diver wanting a career change. Any info on courses i would need to do, rates expected & in general how it all works and or any releavant info of whom i could communicate with to get a start would be very much apreciated…thanks.

Anonymous

I am surprised as a diver you dont at least know that you need a 3.4 U Insp ticket…………..you cant have been around long…or have been asleep for most of your career. You would probably make a good RC in that case.

hankcurly
    Participant

WELL WELL…YOUR NAME SAYS ALOT…’WHINER’ AS FOR THE 3.4U I AM AWARE OF THAT….PRICK!

David Grant
    Participant

Check out http://www.cswip.com/pdfs/cswipdiv7952_2.pdf
    This should have all the info on the prerequisites required for the course.

rigwash
    Participant

Hi Hank curly,
    I believe the 3.4u course can be done in pattaya thailand amongst other places It is run by twi of the uk through mermaid.

i don’t know current rates. I believe gina m one of the moderators of this site is an inspection co ordinator. She must be offshore at the moment other wise i’m sure she would have replied to your post with heaps of helpful information. (unlike rov whiner)

try contacting some of the uk agencies for rates? eg ukps, proffs, doors, maris, subservpro or compass in the states.

Hopefully somebody else out there can kick in with some better information. I tell you one thing though it looks like a pretty boring job to me. At least with these rov’s we get to get outside once in a while to fix them, launch them etc, those guys are glued to the monitor or computer all the time. Great if your a computer nerd i suppose.
    It dosen’t look to hard to me and we rov guys usually ending up helping them with a lot of their stuff anyway. The hard part i heard, is the course, not as easy as you would imagine, and they say the exam is quite hard and you definetly need to swat / study a bit. (Which of course you would if you had invested the money)

if you contacted twi or mermaid about the course they could probably give you an idea on expected rates.

anyway good luck

hankcurly
    Participant

😮 Guys thanks very much for the great info & yes Gina has replied to my pers account with everything i need to know…Anyway all the best to you all & once again thanks…

Anonymous

Your welcome, here to help….

rovbionic
    Participant

The Inspection Controller work is very dry and boring….at times your rubbing shoulders with impossible grown ups….I have had mine since 92 but personnally can only do the work for so long…humping a keyboard for 12 hourse gets old…having said that the dosh is around 325 to 400 quid these days.
    Good luck on the exam.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar