Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion RN looking to join the rov world

RN looking to join the rov world

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion RN looking to join the rov world

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Tyson
    Participant

zaidi_rasmin,

I had a diploma in mechanical engineering

What did you do with it? 😀

Got any relevant hands-on experience to go with it?

Help yourself first, by reading the forums of this site and getting off your arse and door-knocking etc. Try locally first, and then look elsewhere. Relocate if necessary. Don’t expect anything to fall into your lap.

Research the companies your applying to, and read up on their systems and work-scope etc. There’s plenty of info out there, try looking yourself first!

Sambvca
    Participant

The company i work for are great, no complaints AT ALL, and they are looking for trainees WITH A GOOD BACKGROUND……..

Who do you work for??

Hello Everyone…….

Sam

Anonymous

To anyone from the RN seeking to work in the ROV industry I offer the following advice:

Unless you are in a technician branch i.e. maintainer/operator vs operator/maintainer, don’t bother unless you have valid civilian equivalent certificates of a technical nature i.e. recognised skills in mechanics/hydraulics or electrical/instruments/electronics.

Tiffy’s preferably, even to anyone else of a naval technical background.

And I can justify my belief; as an ex- Petty Officer Weapons Systems artificer (a different Royal…Navy to your one) the current crop of ex-pussers short term entry techs aren’t up to scratch.

Cheers

😉

4nailuse
    Participant

Hi,

The best way in is to just knock on doors, send c/vs and make calls!

I have just started and that’s how i got in, it took 3 months but i got a start in the end 😀

the company i am with are looking for more trainees but i dont know about in 2 years time!

cheers TR.

hi tigerov.
    Can you post the e-mail add of the company your in right now so that we could also send or cv.
    Many thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar